• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) The Chaos principle

Velmont

First Post
Zerth said:
"Sorry to bother anyone, but I request at least enough from the booty to repair the arrows that I had expended in this battle. Thanks."

Kharas looks at the corspe... "I am pretty blind it seems, as I hear a voice and can see the one talking. Must be the age. Good sir, I think you have nothing to fear from me, so come closer so I can see your face. It would be more polite to present yourself lad."

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Elendel mentally lets go of the energy that was allowing him to remain magically invisable, and then deliberately steps out of the shadows, dropping the natural obfusation so that the others can see him without looking.

Elendel looks like your typical wood elf with brown hair and redish hazel eyes, except for the fact that he seems to fade from sight as his elven cloak moves about his person. He moves with the expected grace of his race, and he seems to be carrying much. He has a worn backpack on his back that appears to be lightly packed, and a quiver on his belt (though no bow is visable), made also of worn, good quality leather. Other then those things, he has a pair of dull leather bracers, a black silk headband that holds his shoulder length hair from his face, and a non descript amulet to hold his shifting cloak in place. All in all, nothing that would strike fear into anothers heart. Elendel appears to be unarmed.

None of his items radiate magic, which makes him an unlikely canidate for this gathering.

He seems to shift his feet, one to the other as he is looked upon, odviously unused to people looking at him.

Upon closer inspection, it becomes appearant that the elf is injured from some puncture wounds that look as if they may have hurt. None of them are mortal, but a couple of them came close to the mark. There are no signs of the arrows taht had hit him, for the ones that did not go directly through his flesh had shattered beyond recognizing.

"Hi, Elendel at your service." Unlike most of the others, his fame does not preceed him since it's the last thing he seeks. He tends to help others from the shadows, most not even knowing they are being aided. Glory is not a concept to the earnest wood elf, though honor is.

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Takarna," the hobgoblin gives a curt nod and addresses the room in general, "If there is anybody else hiding, kindly come out now," he waits for a response then continues

"Anybody want to volunteer to have the job of explaining to our host why we have some dead bodies?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Quillia throws up her hands.*

"I'll explain, but I doubt he'll raise an eyebrow, things being as they are. Here, let me take a look at their equipment quickly here and see if I can't determine what kinds of things they might be before haring off to find our host," the gnome says.

OOC: Quillia will examine the magical items with her arcane sight to determine their strength and school of magic, as well as looking for runes or any markings on them.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
On the White Slaad(2 Rings:abj , Staff: Div, Bastard Sword:Evoc, Transx2)
On the 3 Grey Slaads(3 Long Swords total:Evoc)
On the Gnoll(Full Plate:trans, evoc, Belt:transx2, Ring:abj, Amulet:trans, Cloak:abj, 2 Short Swords:transx2, evoc)

All items radiate Strong Magic
All of the swords bear identical craft markings.
The Mark is an 8 pointed star with the points slightly off center and slightly bent

Wilphe

Adventurer
Takarna takes a look at the swords craft markings, without touching them and his mind casting back into his own deep recesses of knowledge, "Hmm, look familiar to anybody?", his flit round the room and settle on Kharas.

Mithreander

Explorer
elendel shakes his head, not really caring about the creatures equipment, except for their ability to potentially replace his quickly depleting arrow supply.

He then turns to the others to see if they were ready to continue on their mission, and to hear thier thoughts on how they will precede. He has his own ideas, but lacks the social confidence to speak them allowed, so waits for the others to decide.

Velmont

First Post
Wilphe said:
Takarna takes a look at the swords craft markings, without touching them and his mind casting back into his own deep recesses of knowledge, "Hmm, look familiar to anybody?", his flit round the room and settle on Kharas.

"Sorry lads. But my speciality is traps, not sword. I don't think I will be able to identify anything, but I can always try."

Kharas walk near the swords and take a looks at them and try to find if he can identify the craftman or anything else.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Kharas walk near the swords and take a looks at them and try to find if he can identify the craftman or anything else.

Kharas examines the swords and though they are very well made and appear to have been forged by the same weapon smith he can see nothing as to who forged the weapons. On closer examination the steel of the swords does not look quite right almost as if the steel is tainted in some way, looking at the sword Kharas starts to get a headache looking at the patterns on the sword.

Velmont

First Post
"I can assure you lads, that no dwarf who looks at himself as a true craftman would work with that material. I am use to work with metal pieces, and that metal must be corrupted by the essence of chaos. It is pure speculation from myself, but with the little I know, it is the conclusion I may give."

Remove ads