• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

TallIan

Explorer
Nert Muchshredder

Half dressed, Nert watches open mouthed as the kobold charges the orc - was he mad? Smalls only attacked bigs in numbers.

"Nert, throw a rope to me." A voice penetrated Nerts befuddled brain.

Coming to his senses, Nert pulled out his coil of rope. Checking it wasn't tangled, he threw the rope towards Saashala.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 12/12
Passive perception: 14

Abilities: Fury of the small 1/1 short rest
[/SBLOCK]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ammulder

Explorer
OK, by taking her time and holding on to the rope, Saashala makes it across. Whether she wants to go any farther into the fracas on the far bank, is, of course, up to her.

OOC: The rope can likely be pulled free with a yank by one of the stronger ones among you -- though you can wait to see whether Drutha or Ripnek want to use it first.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The kobold shakes his scimitar vigorously at the orc spellcaster and curses him again, "Darkness eat you!"

He then backs off towards the goat and casts cure wounds using his second spell slot on the creature. Once it's recovered, if it's recovered, he tries to calm the creature but urge it to get out of here while staring back at the Orc with his shield up.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ripnek laughs as the orc is attacked by the goblin. Still snickering, the bugbear takes his own rope, gives one end to Saashala, and then crosses the river.

OOC: [roll0]
[roll1]

JustinCase

The bugbear starts rushing across the slippery boulders, carrying the rope in one hand. About halfway, he slips, losing his balance, and with a curse Ripnek falls between two boulders and is carried a few feet by the rushing water.

OOC: I'm not sure what the DC is for the Athletics check, but I think I failed mine. Can I make another check to avoid being carried downriver even more? And since Ripnek holds a rope which is held by Saashala at the other end (at least I hope so), can I make it with advantage (or without disadvantage)?

Athletics: [roll0]
If advantage: [roll1]

ammulder

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, don't know how I missed that -- DC 10. So attempting the crossing with disadvantage, Ripnek does fail. He can still get across safely, after falling as you described -- it'll just be with that "wet, matted fur" look. :)

ammulder

Explorer

The goat awakens and looks up at Moon Moon, confused. Then it looks at Karok, and back at Moon Moon.

The goat stands on shaky legs, and turns around so it's standing at Moon Moon's side, facing Karok. It absently paws (hoofs?) the rocks underneath with one leg. No urging can convince it to leave Moon Moon. When he attempts, it only gives him a curious look, as if to say, "why would you tell me to do that?"

JustinCase

Soaking wet but hurt only to his ego, Ripnek manages to crawl back on one of the boulders in the river. Purposefully looking away from Karok, the bugbear crosses the rest of the way across. There he stands, dripping water, before shaking himself like a dog would, to become a bit more dry. He gives a foul look at Moon Moon, daring him to say something, before looking back at Sashaala. Ripnek holds the rope with one hand, shrugging with an expression that says plainly, Now what?

TallIan

Explorer
Nert watched the kobold hall the goat and shook his head - definitely mad. Karok was right, fresh roasted goat for breakfast would have been great, although fresh roasted, frozen goat?

Dressed again, Nert began to scout the immediate area for signs that this little outburst had not attracted any unwanted attention.

Nert, perseption: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remove ads