[IC] The Odd Job

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Darrowhill/Inn
Evening
Round 0

Hrgach looked a bit skeptical. “Kid ain’t our problem. Neither is Azgalen,” he said. “Not sure what being in your debt is worth. We’re risking our lives here,” he pointed out. “We need some tangible benefit. I have mouths to feed.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 16/22 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/2d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)*
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

"The boy you said was not your son suddenly is to be a guest in your home. That was a sudden shift in attitude." Ana says suddenly worried that the boy might not be safe here.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Darrowhill/Inn
Evening
Round 0

Hrgach gave a laugh. “So now you admit it, old man?” he demanded. “Here that, boy?” He ruffled Thomas’ hair. “We found yer family, like you said.” He glared at William. “So why’d you dump him in cave by himself?”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 16/22 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/2d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)*
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

"There is something you are not telling us. How is Thomas so dangerous? What could he possibly do that would make locking him away in a cave necessary?"

Asha looks at William.

"What secrets are you hiding? If you want our help you will speak them now or we will not help."

[sblock=Action]Persuasion check to have him tell us the truth. [roll0][/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
William sighs again, this time it is a sigh of defeat. "I didn't drop him there there it was my son. Azglan certainly wasn't there at the time, he was dead.

Thomas is dangerous because.."
William tales off here.

GM: I'll finish the story in the morning it's a long post and I'm just sneaking it in while doing paper work to do it full justice it'll take more time than I have atm.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Sorry been a busy boy past few days here we go

William reluctantly carries on his tale. "You see, my family have been afflicted with lycanthropey for as long as any of us remember,every single one of us no one knows how or where it started. We learn to control our curse for the most part we are fine but when we see the light of the full moon sometimes we can no longer control the change.

We never wanted to hurt anybody. My ancestors moved here small, remote, few people to harm if things went wrong. The mansion was built to contain us if the worst ever did happen and it has been very effective for the most part.

One day a traveling caravan of entertainers turned up and a old crone told William at the time about another cursed noble family, Azglan and his brood, I know not his full story but some how he was turned and in his madness or grief he turned the rest of his family. This crone also mentioned of a place nearby that effected the flow of time, slowing it down, I thought nothing of it at the time.

About a month later I received a letter from one Azglan Mormont requesting he stay in the house on a Visit to the area. Seemed a odd request but refusal would be bad form. Azglan arrived with his daughter and wife after a few nights he made a proposal of marrying our children, he then revealed he knew of our affliction and that while a vampire may not usually sire a child given the unique properties of our bloodline and they could. The mixing of the two bloodlines could be a cure to the lycanthropey. I agreed but after that I do not know much else my son Went missing shortly after the wedding with his bride.

Some time later I learned if Azglans death at the hands of Balins father and given this Thomas visage there is no doubt who he is."

Thomas is stunned by this revelation and Balins face is deliberately stoic.

GM: Sorry for the monologue but I wanted to get all the info out in one go so you guys can plan accordingly.

"Your son William went missing?" Ana asks. "I don't know how to say this delicately but there's a bandit leader named William who claims to be working for the local lord collecting so-called taxes on good traveling the roads. He kind of looks like that portrait there."

Remove ads