Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Archon Basileus

First Post
[It's definitely quicker to leave the elevator! It works much like an old cargo elevator, working at the same speed. You have the same twenty five feet to climb, basically, before you attack. Attackers can't be seen at first. At normal pacing you'd be short five feet before the end of it. Just give me a roll against DC 15, as per usual rules, so I know you don't fall flat! Or, if you so choose, roll with -5 so you can reach the top with one push. :)]

AREA MAP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d-ZsuWEfg/edit

Last edited:

Hagadark looks with interest at the flying darkness and too late realizes what will happen. Enduring the effect, he calls at the monk
"On it!" before sticking his hands and legs onto the wall and climbing up like a lizard.

"Get that chucker and save whatever you find on him, I'd like a look."

OOC: Monkey fish extract should still be active, Hagadark has climbing speed and is up there in one round (without remaining actions)

[roll0]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 0

Morgrym growled into his beard as he heard the commotion above. “I thought ye go’ tha’ bluidy ‘eadband!” he snapped at Marius accusingly.

And then the grenade clattered down onto the elevator platform.

Reflex save: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

Morgrym dove, trying to knock the thing out of the elevator as Hagadark scrambled up the tunnel and interposing his shield.

“Are ye daft, man! Leave wotever’s doon ‘ere an’ ‘elp the lassies topside! The thing willnae get oot!”

He hit the controls to send the elevator up, and started casting a summons.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Barkskin
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 499r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Morgrym growled into his beard as he heard the commotion above. “I thought ye go’ tha’ bluidy ‘eadband!” he snapped at Marius accusingly.

"It's on your head!"
Seeing how others are going up Marius reverses his full head-on charge using suitable projection on the wall to instantly reverse his direction by bounding up the wall and flipping in the air running back toward the group as soon as he touches the ground.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 0

Morgrym touched his head. “Och! Aye!” He’d forgotten about the bloody thing! Had he tipped them off up above? Well, it mattered not. They would pay.

Morgrym cut his casting short at Marius started bounding back toward the elevator.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Barkskin
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Barkskin 499r (AC 19/13/16)

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin*, Flaming Sphere*, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy*, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
Hagadark and Marius trade positions, the alchemist suffering from the sudden explosion that took the bottom of the shaft [Hagadark takes 6 points of fire damage, no lasting effects] As the alchemist rises to the upper level, the monk returns to find Morgrym already protected by his barkskin. They barely have time to recover from the rush: from the back of the cave, a heavy, spiteful voice comes, as a pair of yellow eyes, bright eyes, appear, hanging from the ceiling.

LOWER FLOOR

"Why did you have to intrude?" - the voice goes on, hanging from the support beams above. "You brought me such a loss... And now, you'll ... never leave." - before the heroes can react, a bolt of lightning jumps from the creatures open mouth, spreading from the two-tipped tongue and lighting up the tunnel! The horrid, black face shines in the dark as it roars incantations, sending the lightning bolt directly towards Marius, the most agile of the pair! [The bolt lands 7 points of damage. Marius can go for a reflex roll to reduce damage to half.]

Soon after, it twists itself, bracing for any attacks. It displays impressive speed!

UPPER FLOOR

Hagadark leaps forward, landing on his two feet, ready to fight. Ten feet away from him, the very first pair of rogue dwarves await, tossng bombs down - there's one to go yet. Behind, four others are pointing crossbows right ahead, ready to shoot the unfortunate alchemist as soon as he appears! Of the two shots targeted, only one hits him, the other landing against the backwall.[9 points of damage; surprisingly more than the lightning against Marius!]

One last dwarf hides behind a dwarf woman, knife to her neck, ready to end her at a breath's moment. "Surrender! You're done for!"

[Ok, @Shayuri, I still need your first action. Guys, you can start the next round already. I'll add all of Shay's actions later on. I'll consider the variables for speed accordingly, without need to roll initiative - I thing it'd only break pace now. I've also mini-sheeted the enemies, so you can write more freely!]

AREA MAP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d-ZsuWEfg/edit

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] @Shayuri

ROGUE DWARVES

Base Atk +4
CMB +5
CMD 12 (can’t be tripped)
AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16
HP 30
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +1

NAGA

Base Atk +7
CMB +10
CMD 26 (can’t be tripped)
AC 26 (22), touch 15, flat-footed 16 - 50% chance of missing attacks
HP 85
Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +9 (+11 vs. charm effects)

Last edited:

Hagadark grins at the bandits.
"You assume I want to save her. You think I'm that dwarf downthere that I should care about some wench?"

Burned skin sloughs off him as the burn he arrived with almost disappears, blessing of The Book healing him even as talks. He swigs a potion he held ready for too long and his skin gets metallic sheen.

"Your boss is dead, some kind of snake thingy comes after us and you are finished here. My compaions are goody two shoes, but even they may not show mercy over my dead body or those of the girls. Me? I would kill you all and consign your souls to Mhuagra...but since we're all civilized here, I'll let you go. Let the girl go and move out. Or slit her throat and lets have at it."

He spreads his hands displaying his belt and body armor covered in flasks, reagents and pouches. "You should know that most of these things go boom of one sort or another. And I'm very good at controlling where that boom goes."

OOC: Naga AC 26!?!? Can we even hit that? I mean I can with the bomb (touch 15), but still, I have only 6 more bombs

[sblock=Actions]
Free: GRIN EVILLY! :)
Free: Heal 5 through spontaneous healing (should have done it after the burn :( )
Free: Talk (Diplomacy +3 if important)
Standard: drink Ironskin potion raising AC to 22
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
UPPER LEVEL

The dwarves smirk at the observations, until the one with the knife mocks the alchemist.

"Mighty talk, orc... But you're the one bleeding." - he signals, and now all the crossbows turn towards Hagadark, their strings resounding as the bolts leave the contraptions! The bolts fly around, bouncing against the orc's newly acquired armor, much to the dwarves' surprise and dismay.

What's troublesome, though, is the second bomb lauched towards the alchemist. Hagadark can see desperation feeling the eyes of the knife-bearer in the backline, as he calculates the potential results: even if the thing hits, gods know if it won't trigger the alchemist's own batch, making the explosion even worse.

Alas, it's too late. The bomb flies around, missing the target, falling a few feet to Hagadark's right! The orc's still engulfed by the fires, but he might as well leap away in time, avoiding further injury! [Ok, a second reflex roll for you, in order to avoid another 7 points of damage. I took the liberty of rolling intimidation for you. :)]

LOWER LEVEL

Marius twists his body, the spirits around him agitated by the menace as he jumps away from danger. The creature hisses once more, rage overtaking it as the monk leaps to the side. Soon after, a second explosion can be heard up above.

"This won't save you, warrior... But I might be persuaded to let you go... Surrender, now, and we might show mercy." - the creature grins at the companions' efforts, a blurry image thrown in the dark.

[Ok, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], I'm rolling reflexes for you and I'll presume your next action, just to keep pacing!]

After rolling away from the explosion, Shayuri glances at the creature, mumbling a small incantation amidst short gestures. Her eyes gleam for a second, and she faces the creature entirely.

"It's protected!" - she cries out to the others. "More than one incantation, as well!"

After Morgrym hit the controls, the elevator rumbled, ascending slowly as small flickers still burn here and there. By now, the passage up is almost closing, sealing the companions down with the Naga as Hagadark faces the rogues upwards.

[Ok, last chance if someone wants to climb! Give me a simple acrobatics test - DC 10 - to jump into the platform and through the space in between. Otherwise, you guys are now separated]

"You're of a mind to imprison me, dwarf?" - the creature spits out mockingly, shaking a blurry image ten feet away and up above. "Join me, as the others... They knew it to be futile..."

AREA MAP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hms5RRpaYMOKdkeGqdbimr8pRnaRulZdcVd-ZsuWEfg/edit
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

[Hopefully it'll work now! With an AC of 26 you might need to crit it to cause it harm, but he's buffed, as Shay's detect magic can assert. Now you're facing your surprise enemy and the group's split in two! Your turn, guys!]

Remove ads