• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Ensemble)

eayres33

Explorer
Drako Sateen

Drako listen to Udit lay out the starting points of a plan. “I’m not a wizard, but I can do most of the things a wizard can and some things they cannot.”

“And I agree with Udit, if we can pull our opponents into the open we can take them down from afar.” Drako said as he studied the group.

tglassy

Adventurer
"I won't be needing the boat." Aquaria pipped up, still a little shy, looking for. All the world like a fragile little girl. "I can swim ahead and communicate with you telepathically."

"I like getting up close and personal," Auraia said. "But I can draw them out for you."

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
(OOC: the player is having a bit of a hard time picturing the layout of the land)

GM: Sorry, I haven't had time to draw a map. I will describe it:

There are two neighboring peaks: Imani's camp is on a nice grassy green hill with some trees, and rounded granite and limestone (we will call Greenpeak) It is hidden from view behind a lightly forested ridge, which then plunges into a high river valley. The river winds and travels from north to south. Across the river, to the east, rises a nasty looking peak of blackened crags (we will call Blackpeak). At the base of Blackpeak there is a stone structure, a large gate built into the side of the mountain (the Temple Gate). The land on the east bank of the river is covered by black stones, as if the crags "shed" rocks; there is no sign of the peak losing mass to an avalanche. A road runs along the east bank of the river, winding through the larger of the "avalanche" stones, past a granite tower, partially buried into the side of the crags. (the Watchtower). The watchtower overlooks a stone bridge, which takes the road to the west side of the river, where it winds down a switchback, heading south. (The overall land travels downward as you travel south).

As the river flows past the Temple Gates, it tumbles over short waterfalls and rapids, under the bridge, and then over steeper waterfalls and rapids to the south. It is fed by mountain streams, mostly from the west, and Greenpeak. Further north, up the river, the river splits into a small side-stream, that pours into a cave in the north side of Blackpeak. On the south side of Blackpeak, (across both the road and the river) there are caves, high in the side of the crags, overlooking a vast forested valley to the south.

I hope that helps. Any questions?

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Drako

Drako grabs the hilt of his sword and gently kicks any of his companions who may have been sleeping. In a quiet voice he points to the bat and then the stairs, “We may have company.”

tglassy

Adventurer
Auraia wakes with a snort, and glares daggers at Drako. "Kick me again. I dare you."

Aquaria is a little more pleasant, though her hair is plastered to her face as she raises up, still mostly asleep. "Is it morning?"

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the river gang prepares their assault, the bat flutters back down the hall into the light of the prison lantern. Two men appear leading two large horses down the stairs at the far end of the prison; a delicate task. The horses are followed by a wagon, and the bat lands in the hand of a third man. Then a fourth and fifth man appear, one holding the reigns (a half-orc) and the other steadying the wagon. This last is a powerful looking man, fair chiselled from the stone of the earth itself.

Everyone recognises this last man as Auraia and Aquaria's brother, Terrus.

Torbin marvelled at the design of the stairs: grooves spaced the same as the wagon's track, so as to not make the wagon bounce down each step, while the men and horses negotiated the wide, shallow steps. It was a bit tricky, getting the horses and wagon down the stairs, but the whole of it was designed for that purpose, so it was definitely doable. Leading one of the horses, Torbin was first to set foot in the prisons. He could see four empty cages (they were cages, more than cells) and chains hung from the walls. A table covered in implements of torture sat against one wall, and there was a rush of running water sounding from down a grate. Far on the other side of the room, just out of the best of the light from the two oil lanterns, hanging from cross-beams overhead, he could just make out a wide hallway, dark beyond an iron portcullis.

"There's no one here, all right." he said to the prisoner. "Now, where do you think your guards have gone?"

GM: I see the River Gang have found their way here. The Infiltrators need to come as well. We're only missing [MENTION=6877470]Prickly Pear[/MENTION], [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION]. We'll do some quick introductions and then decide what we want to do. I don't want to run a single thread with all these characters for too long, but it could make sense for a little while, anway.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Here's a map of how things stand.

PrisonXO.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads