• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: The Murder By Another's Hand Idol forces Pyrus to attack an ally. You don't have to blow a big spell, but you must make it a reasonable attempt at murder.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: my first thought was to have him push someone into the rift. According to your map, Auraia is closest. Thankfully, she can levitate, and would if pushed into the rift. Would that count?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
my first thought was to have him push someone into the rift. According to your map, Auraia is closest. Thankfully, she can levitate, and would if pushed into the rift. Would that count?
I think probably not. Pyrus is aware that she can fly and would know that it wouldn't work. He has to actally try to kill someone, using his own knowledge and resources.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Zander lowers his shoulder and tries to remove the Stoneface from his circle of protection. The creature not only looks like stone, but is as hard and as heavy as stone too.

EDIT: Oh, post 666 no wonder I failed miserably. lol

OOC: Going to try and shove the Stoneface next to Zander out of the circle.
If successful He'll take his spot and use his second Atk to try and wound the thing.

OOC:
Action: Attack (gets two)
First: Shove - [roll]1d20+7[/roll]
EDIT: Nat 1
Second: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]
Move: 5' into circle
Bonus Action: none

Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska was sure this would be the right idol but, to his astonishment, he was thrown back and green gas filled the air. He managed to cover his face and avoid breathing in too much gas. Still, the gas made his eyes water and he had trouble seeing and focus.
SnorLoska coughed, feinted the stone-faced man by waving the Bhalite Idol in front of it and then moved away towards the skeletal dragon. He paused and looked at the alcove next to the dragon. Could his idol fit there? Anything markings or signs in the alcove? It was hard to see because of the tears that was streaming down his face.

OOC: Con Save against Poison Damage: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
I forgot that SnorLoska had Bless from Battle Balm: Bless roll for Con Save: 1D4 = [4] = 4
Phew. SnorLoska saved.
Action: Disengage
Move to G6
HP: 72/75 (no temp HP left)
Condition: Poisoned (how long???)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto is hurt. He quickly calls for Lathander's powers and feels the healing force flow through his body.
Next, Sesto creates a shimmering mace next to the dragon and makes a swipe for it.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Torbin draws one of his short swords and engages the Stoneface hindering their passage in an attempt to thwart any attempt to interfere with Mord as the fallen Aasimar threw his cloak across his mouth and made for the niche, in an attempt to place his Idol.

OOC: Torbin is using the Help Action if he can, or just attacking the stoneface's exposed arm if it tries to reach for Mord.

Mord is just trying to hold his breath, dash in and place the idol.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sesto & Zander
Bhaalite Ward & StoneFace3

Sesto healed himself of the poison done by the choking dragon breath and summoned his flying mace. It floated over to the dracolich simulacrum and swung a mighty blow. Strangely, there was a warping of space around the stage-like structure upon which the dragon-thing sat, and the mace suddenly appeared in the air over Zander, striking him instead with some force. It then returned to the air over the simulacrum.

Zander had been about to attempt to shove one of the stone-faced men out of its protective field, but the field resisted him and the mace struck him hard enough to rattle him. The stone-faced man reached out and slammed him in the face with a rock-hard fist.

OOC: Just so there is no confusion as to what happened, damage dealt to the creature on the "stage" randomly effects someone else in the room. Sorry, Zander!

GM: I will resolve more turns soon!
Damage: Zander 23 & 9
[sblock=Rolls]
Attack: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
2D6+4 = [4, 1]+4 = 9
[/sblock]

Remove ads