• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
In the Rift

Terrus reached out with his mind and made contact with the Diamond Staff of Chomylla. He could only just see the staff through the choking haze, clutched in the taloned claws of the dracolich. His eyes stung, and even though he didn't need to breathe, he could feel the poisonous air leeching through his stony skin.

OOC: Terrus and Lorenn will take the 11 & 22 poison damage that I described before when you start your turns.

The staff said (in Terrus' head), "You are here to rescue me, and I am grateful! But I must warn you, the psychic battle I am engaged in with the foul Dretchroyaster is the only thing keeping him from awakening. The moment you wrest me from his grasp, he will awaken. Before you do, you must have an escape route planned, or he will murder you and take me again. Perhaps my friend Imani can aid you in escaping, but it must be carefully planned. I sense you are under some distress! Have you not yet disabled the murderous wards?"

Choking on the foul air, Lorenn could barely see through the cloying mist. Beyond the enormous dragon skeleton, and down the mound of earth upon which it lay, he spotted a little obelisk jutting from the ground. Like the niches he had seen in the vault above, the obelisk contained a spot upon which a Bhaalite Idol could be placed.

... unfortunately skeletons where rising from the mud of the floor below, presumably to defend it.

Lair2.png

tglassy

Adventurer
“The Elemental Node,” Terrus called back to the staff in his mind. “I can feel it it calls to me. Could I use it somehow?”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"You may be able to wrest control of it from the Dracolich, if you are very strong-willed or very sly, but Dretchroyaster has spent many years learning to wield its power. With the power of the node, he makes his simulacrum; he empowers his minions; yet he has only just begun to scratch at the surface of the power within that sky-stone. I may be able to aid you in wielding its deeper power, but we must proceed with caution! If we unlock its secrets and fail to prevent the Dracolich from seizing control, we will only serve to further empower his evil intentions." replied the staff.

Terrus could feel that her attention was divided - he could tell that a battle raged on just the other side of a psychic barrier - a battle between a very powerful ancient dragon and the memories of an Archmage of Uvaren. He must be very careful to not accidentally tip the scales in the Dragon's favour.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Torbin, Mord, & SnorLoska

The Stonefaces

As SnorLoska moved away from the first niche, he was slammed from behind by the stone-faced woman. Then he spotted another niche near the stage-like platform. It seemed attached to the stage by some stone-work effect. He watched as Sesto's mace warped in space and returned.

Torbin threw himself in front of the stone-faced woman to allow Mord to slip past. In what proved to be desperation, the other two flung rocks at the warlock, but even though he was battered by them, he slipped the Foe Rendered Harmless Idol into the niche.

Suddenly there was a loud popping noise as the four energy fields ruptured. The energy fed back upon itself and the four who had been protected by the fields were left standing motionless - rendered harmless. Their stone-like faces cracked and scarred, they stood like broken statues.

GM:
Damage Taken: SnorLoska 14(7); Mord 7 & 14
All four stone-faces: Dead.
[Sblock=Rolls]
StoneFace2 Opp vs SnorLoska (Hey, keeps him raging)
Attack: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
2D6+4 = [4, 6]+4 = 14
(Hit)
StoneFace2 vs Torbin
Attack: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
2D6+4 = [6, 4]+4 = 14

StoneFace1 vs Mord
Attack: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
2D6+4 = [1, 2]+4 = 7

StoneFace4 vs Mord
Attack: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
2D6+4 = [4, 6]+4 = 14

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I still need the Genasis that are up top to go. And Lorenn. The simulacrum still has a turn, too...

Edit: I think Udit has been pondering his next move while hanging off of the ledge, too. (By which I mean he hasn't taken a turn.

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Torbin barely fended off the attack against him. Mord on the other hand was favoring his right after being caught by the two stones. He leaned against the indentation for a moment as he realized that he'd managed to stop the statues attacks. "We need to finish this quickly!"

OOC: Torbin avoided that attack by the skin of his teeth. AC 15. Mord sucked both stones. HP 24/45

tglassy

Adventurer
Pyrus, under the influence of some outside force, moves to a nearby ally, in this case Sesto, and shoves him into the Rift.

Str check to shove: [roll0]. Sesto needs to make a counter check, I think.

OOC: Where is the poison idol? Auraia will grab that, enact Levitation and jump into the Rift, holding her breath.

Aquaria moves to a wounded ally and heals him (preferably a fighter, like Snorlaska, but i dont know who’s close). 3psi Points. [roll1]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Um...sorry Sesto. I didn’t mean to Crit shove you into the Rift.

I’d like to change that, if he fails his check, Auraia jumps in and catches him. Though she still needs the poison idol.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
:O :O :O :O

Udit smile of delight at the stone-face men powering down turned into a horrified gasp, aghast at the sight of Sesto falling toward the edge. Moving on the ledge with confidence, he reached the cleric before he could slip any further in, and pushed him back to safety.

OOC: Move and bonus action move to get this done. Do I also need an action? Because if I have an action, Udit is drinking a potion

healing potion on the ledge: 2D4+2 = [1, 1]+2 = 4

"There you go, all safe and sound... uh... I think this potion was a dud, any left?"

[sblock=minisheet]Udit, the Lamarakhi, Human Rogue (thief, sailor), level 7
HP: 5/52 OR 9/52, Hit dice: 3/7
AC: 16
Passive Perception 17
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +7 (evasion!!), Con: +3, Int: +4, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Spells remaining 0/1. Potions of healing remaining: 1 OR 0[/sblock]

Remove ads