D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Fradak

Explorer
"Terrus, over there! The Obelisk!"

OOC: I'm not sure what Terrus is doing this round so:

Case 1: Terrus is waiting for the Idol to drop.
Lorenn casts Mirror image and engages the Undead to protect Terrus as much as he can.
Mirror image: AC: 14
[..]Each time a creature Targets you with an Attack during the spell's Duration, roll a d20 to determine whether the Attack instead Targets one of your duplicates. If you have three duplicates, you must roll a 6 or higher to change the attack's target to a duplicate. With two duplicates, you must roll an 8 or higher. With one duplicate, you must roll an 11 or higher. [..]

Case 2: Terrus attacks the Undead
Lorenn engages the same target with Green Flame Blade
Movement: To the Undead
Action: Lightblade attack; Greenflame Blade; Sneak; Second Target damage:
1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
2D8+5 = [3, 7]+5 = 15
2D6 = [2, 6] = 8
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4
Total first target: 23 and 4 (on a second target)
Reaction: If hit (19-23) Shield.

OOC: Just to be sure. I suppose it's 7 for Terrus and 14 for Lorenn. (Lorenn got 48/48 by the way, I forgot to add the CON modifier when I rolled the Hit Dices during the short rest.)
You both will take (3d6)[14] poison damage at the start of your next turn. Terrus can have resistance if he doesn't need to breathe. (Holding one's breath doesn't entirely work.)
Terrus and Lorenn will take the 11 & 22 poison damage that I described before when you start your turns.
[sblock=Statblock] HP: 34/48 HD: 0/4d6 - 0/3d8
AC: 17 (+2 Bladesong) (+5 Shield)
PP: 14
=============
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
Spell slots:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 1/2
Concentration:
=============
Equipment:
Health Potions: 2/4
Coins:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Auraia, Aquaria, Pyrus, & Udit
The Dracolich Simulacrum

Realising that SnorLoska was in possession of the Poison Most Foul Idol and that her brother Terrus needed it below, Auraia flew over the rift with the intention of taking it from the half-orc. But the dracolich simulacrum leaped off of the stage-like structure and snatched her in its powerful jaws. Then it raked at her with its claws again and again.

Pyrus, under the influence of the Murder By Another's Hand Idol rushed toward Sesto and shoved him hard. The cleric stumbled forward and fell toward the rift, only catching himself at the last moment before tumbling to his death. His angels flew about him, unsure as to if they should smite the genasi in retaliation. Sesto held them back as Udit climbed along the rift below him and helped him to haul his great armoured weight back onto solid ground.

Aquaria reached down and lay some healing on the sailor, who needed it badly. He also snuck a draught of a potion that was tucked in his shirt while holding onto the ledge with one hand and both boots (which he hoped were not getting too scratched up on the jagged black rock.)

GM: Uh... I don't know how she might escape death, but I'm sure tglassy will try to come up with something... Even if she teleports, the simulacrum can fly after her...
Damage: Auraia 21 & 10 poison & 15 & 16.
Healing: Udit 8 & 4
[sblock=Rolls]
Dracolich Bite vs Auraia
Attack: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
2D10+5 = [9, 7]+5 = 21
2D6 = [5, 5] = 10

Dracolich Claw vs Auraia
Attack: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
2D6+5 = [6, 4]+5 = 15
1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
2D6+5 = [4, 2]+5 = 11

Crit Damage
Crit: 2D6 = [1, 4] = 5
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: The only thing I can think of is to use Defensive Step on the first attack, teleporting to the rift. If he wants me with his other two attacks, he’ll have to follow me down

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Terrus & Lorenn
Bhaalite Skeletons

Seeing the skeletons crawl out of the mud and scuttle towards them, Lorenn creates three illusions of himself. He was unsure of how a skeleton could see, or if they would be fooled, but he was happy to see that they struck with rusty swords at the illusions. The images danced about, following his movement, and they disappeared as the skeletons struck them. One skeleton lunged at him, but he easily parried the blow with his rapier.

Terrus was in conversation with the Crystal Staff, and he only absently defended himself as two skeletons crawled up onto the dragon's raised ground and stabbed at the stony genasi.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I guess it depends. If she took the Idol from SnorLoska (which I will allow if Prickly Pear is okay with that), then the simulacrum will follow, scratching at her. I don't think you can teleport further than the dragon can fly.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska starred at the alcove and holding out the Idol in front of him but couldn't wrap his head around whether the Idol would fit or not. Suddenly, the Idol was snatch out of his grasp and he saw Auraia dive down the rift with the Idol.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto, with help from Udit, managed to get up again on solid ground. With no mace in his hand, Sesto fished out a vial of Holy Water that he always kept handy.

OOC: Sesto's action is to climb up again, that's probably all he can manage. He will throw the vial next.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
Sesto's action is to climb up again

Okay, but hold that thought. I haven't rolled the round over. I still have no idea how Auraia is doing or where she or the simulacrum are. I don't think these "Teleport out-of-turn" actions work very well in PBP. Can ya help clear it up,
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]?

tglassy

Adventurer
Well, on her turn, she grabbed the idol and went into the rift, right? She turned on Levitate and went down. And the dragon followed her and bit her. And she teleported ten feet further into the rift, so the dragon would have to go down further into the rift to slash her. Can the simulacrum even get into the rift? If so, and if he wanted to continue to go after her, then he’s down in the rift and she’s unconscious, falling towards Terrus.

If he let her go after the bite, then she’s hurting but alive, and going down. So it’s up to you. Does he follow, or does he turn back? I’d imaging going further into the rift would leave him vulnerable to attacks from above and let them put the other idol in its place, but ten again, the opportunity to take one of the team out of the party would be enticing.

Remove ads