D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Okay, based on the Levitate spell, she can levitate as part of her move, but she would have used all her movement to get to SnorLoska, and her Action to activate the levitate. (Free to take the idol). So she wouldn't have gotten anywhere going down, yet. So it bites her, she teleports 10 feet down the rift, which would still be in its reach (if it lunged forward). So I'm going to say she's scratched up while only 10 feet down. *I* don't want to kill her, but that's what the dracolich can, and would, do.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Encounter: Simulacrum, Wards, Bhaalite Skeletons (Below)

Begin Round Four

GM:
[sblock=Infiltrators]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Aquaria (J11) AC17* HP 44/60
Auraia (H8) AC17(19) HP 0/60 (2 Failed Death Saves, Falling)
*Drako (H14) AC16! HP 29/52
*Kurzon (R20) AC20* Dead (Sniff!)
Lorenn (*I10) AC17(19) HP 31/48
Mord (J3) AC14 HP 24/45
Pyrus (K12) AC13 HP 16/60
Sesto (K10) AC18* HP 22/52
SnorLoska (G6) AC18* HP 65/75
Terrus (*J9) AC16(17) HP 67/67
Torbin (L5) AC15 HP 24/45
Udit (L9) AC15 HP 17/52
Zander (N11) AC19* HP 26/64
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Simulacrum1 (D8F10)
*Simulacrum2 (S12U14) Dead
*StoneFaces Dead
Bhaalite Skeleton1 (L5)
BSkeleton2
BSkeleton3 (O10)
BSkeleton4 (F13)
BSkeleton5
Wards
[/sblock]

Vault5.png

Lair3.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sesto's mace fell through the air, and landed on the shoulder of the Dracolich. Plunk! The creature stirred slightly and the entire temple complex shook.

OOC: Oh yeah, I forgot about that until I saw it on the map. Whenever the Dracolich stirs, there's an earthquake. Sesto and Udit are hanging on the wall (although, Sesto is mostly pushed out, so I think he would be fine). Udit should roll a dc10 Athletics, though. Hopefully he'll be okay.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Though, when Levitate ends, she floats down safely, so she’d float down the rift unconscious until Terrus saw her.

OOC: Looks like it. I think she was critted at zero hit points, so she's got two failed death saves, but otherwise is ATM still alive. The spell says you can go up at 20 feet per round, but doesn't say how long it takes to go down, aside from "gently". Let's assume she floats down relatively quickly, and will arrive at the end of the round. I positioned the maps directly, so she'll land in H8, which is 10 feet away from Terrus. He can try to get over there on his turn if he fights his way through some skeletons, but she won't land until the end of the round.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC:

Okay, but hold that thought. I haven't rolled the round over. I still have no idea how Auraia is doing or where she or the simulacrum are. I don't think these "Teleport out-of-turn" actions work very well in PBP. Can ya help clear it up,
tglassy?
Ha, I think I got ahead of myself. OK, I will wait. And I will use the bonus action to whack the simulacrum with my spiritual weapon. Next post, of course! :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
When does she do her saving throw? This round or the next?

This round, but you can wait until others have gone first.

Ha, I think I got ahead of myself. OK, I will wait. And I will use the bonus action to whack the simulacrum with my spiritual weapon. Next post, of course! :)

NOW you can go at any time! (I'm glad you remembered the Spiritual Weapon. I wonder: do you think nearly falling to your death would break concentration (on the Angels)? I would normally say yes, but Sesto has great focus.

Everyone:

The Simulacrum is off of the stage. I'm not sure anyone knows how the Spiritual Weapon warped over and hit Zander, but if you attack the thing this round, it'll probably get hurt.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord, satisfied with his success turns to watch the dragon fly off of it's pedestal and dip into the rift. Feeling a moment of clarity he calls out to the others. "Now's our chance! Strike while it's vulnerable!"

That said, he moves for a better view and conjures up a cloud of tiny obsidian daggers which seem to flit about in the area of the creatures head.

OOC: Moving as needed to see but trying to stay away from the edge if possible. Casting Cloud of Daggers as a 4th level spell. [Roll]8d4[Roll] Damage to any creature which starts it's turn in the area.[/roll]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: This should have been an acrobatics check BUT luckily Udit is strong and a sailor ;)

athletics check following mild tremor : 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22

Udit felts a little bit better but looked grim - things were not going well... but Mord was right, it was the time to attack. Scrambling up quietly to the side, still oh so quietly praying to the Beetle of missplaced memories, he waited for the right moment

OOC: Udit will move to N9 and wait a moment for someone to engage in melee the dracolich simulacrum or otherwise distract it, then he will strike. (if this was a normal game he would be delaying a bit)

bow shot on the dracolich near the ledge: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

maaaaybe hit on dracolich: 1D6+3+4D6 = [1]+3+[2, 1, 5, 2] = 14

Remove ads