• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit answers with a snarl

"Uh, no, we are NOT safe from the Dragon. It's a draco-litch by the way, and it can, uh, project itself I guess you could call it. Made of stone bones and such, but it still bites hard and still breathes poison gas. That thing just appeared out of thin air. We killed it, but we don't think it was the real thing, just this projection.

So tell me, oh wizard, what do you think about that?!?!"

Udit pauses

"so, uh, the pillar, I don't see any damage but I'll need to take a look. Interestingly there is a hole in the ceiling with a bit of sunlight touching it. Anyway, uh, Snore-Loska touched it and it liked tried to tell him too much stuff at once and it hurt his brain - he looked like he was about to vomit out his organs. But we healed him just in time before that Dragon-projection showed up. We have a good crew here, we definitely take a projection on, but not TOO often"

"there is some elven script there we haven't deciphered yet. Some of it looks drowish"

"Oh and there is this lizard man who wants us to help him win his war fork back, I'm not sure if there is a point to this..."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Right, that's what I meant to reply before I distracted myself with Imani. Yes, the Dracolich's stone water-block disintegrated when it crumbled. The water flows free again. Also, the pillar is completely broken off it's base and lying on the ground.

"A projection? Made of rock, you say? Thank the gods it is not as potent as the true dragon. (I'm aware that it is a Dracolich, I've said as much." replied Imani, testily. "I don't know about the Lizardfolk, but they may prove useful in finding another Idol. It is best you leave no stone unturned, as they say."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Any clue how often this projection could be done? It kinda matters...

The water flow is back to normal, and, uh, the elven pillar is broken off at its base, it's lying on its side"

Udit raised his head and looked at the others. "The Wizard, uh, well, has a point. Maybe the lizard men know about these Idols?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Imani replies "I couldn't say for sure how long it would take to recreate such a powerful simulacrum, but I can't imagine it would be anything approaching instantaneous. I would hope for your sake that it would be a slow process indeed, but I wouldn't bet on it. It would entirely depend on how it is being created, and what sort of resources are being put into it."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit nodded. It was a fair answer, and he preferred the wizard admitting he didn't actually know.

"Well I hope the other guys are distracting them - how are they doing? Still alive? We're good here, although we had to use like , uh, 6 healing potions."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord stands up from his rest and looks about. "We had best get a move on. If we are going to help the lizardman he'd better have what we need."

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After everyone has had a chance to rest, Guldred excitedly leads the group deeper into the lower lake, and then down a tunnel, the way somewhat treacherous. Finally, the tunnel opens into a wide cavern. Dozens of stalactites hang from the low ceiling, and the points of a dozen stalagmites protrude from the water, which ripples where it flows around and between these stone "teeth". Here Guldred's treacherous kin have made camp, uncertain how to return home after their leader's selfish betrayal of their chief.

Alerted to your arrival by the light of Dunmire's lantern (really impossible to avoid, with so large a group), the Lizardfolk rush about to be ready to defend their camp from invaders. Upon seeing his former second-in-command, Guldred yells something in his guttural language and points you toward the larger lizard-man, climbing out of the central pool between two protruding "teeth".

Teeth0.png

Last edited:

Remove ads