D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sorry for the wait. I don't even know how long I've been out. Looks like I missed the party. With Dretchoslayer punching a hole on his way out of the mountain, what is Mord's status?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'm a bit conflicted. Mord would be fun to continue with, but Tglassy's games are starting back up and I'd like to get back into Grody and Galahad.

Also, I think I haven't really been playing Mord to himself properly. He's been more lawful than chaotic and despite 'acting dark and creepy' from time to time has been way too much of a team player except that last part at tge end.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
There are some skills I forgot to use, like how they can use a bonus Action to heal every time they use a discipline skill. That would have been helpful.

As much as I like the Genasi, I was thinking about it last night, and I realized I’ve tested the mystic pretty well, but not as it’s own thing. The mystic is psychic, and I didn’t really play any psychics. I played a tank, a healer, a blaster and a skirmisher.

So, I was wondering, if we continue, if I could make a new mystic to play as either an Awakened or a Nomad. They can even be the Genasi’s older siblings. Maybe a Teifling and/or an Aasimar. I love Terrus, but I want to try one that’s much more of a psychic than the Genasi turned out to be. You know, diving into people’s heads, that sort of thing. Maybe one who only speaks telepathically. And Nomads are cool. Teleporting, invisible skill monkeys.

I don’t have to, it was just a thought. I figured since I’m play testing, I may as well make an actual Mystic rather than a copy of other classes.

Well if you were able to do what you did with Mystic-classed PCs... I guess "those things" are being a Mystic too ha! But I know what you mean.

I have no idea how well a mind-reader/psychic would work in a pbp game though? My gut says "oh that won't work at all" but the reality is I don't know, I just have this feeling.

Also, I think I haven't really been playing Mord to himself properly. He's been more lawful than chaotic and despite 'acting dark and creepy' from time to time has been way too much of a team player except that last part at tge end.

I think though that being a team player was for the best. Based on my pbp experience, you kinda need a bit of team player-ing to keep the game moving.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Vault never had a lot of room for role-playing, but it made sense. The situation you were in required cooperation, so even if it went against Mord's nature, he probably acted "normal" to avoid being left behind.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Vault never had a lot of room for role-playing, but it made sense. The situation you were in required cooperation, so even if it went against Mord's nature, he probably acted "normal" to avoid being left behind.
There is that. Also, he took up a sort of leadership role for most of his involvement. Which seems to have helped his character development some. And that dagger sounds like an interesting plot hook potential.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well if you were able to do what you did with Mystic-classed PCs... I guess "those things" are being a Mystic too ha! But I know what you mean.

I have no idea how well a mind-reader/psychic would work in a pbp game though? My gut says "oh that won't work at all" but the reality is I don't know, I just have this feeling.
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] : of course the most important thing is that you take a PC that you enjoy and interests you! Re-reading I sounded critical and I didn't meant to do that.

tglassy

Adventurer
Actual mind reading would be rare, as it costs precious points. But telepathy would be pretty easy. Cause

[sblock=Telepathic communication to the DM]
I’d just sblock off information I only wanted one person to know, if needed. [/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Actual mind reading would be rare, as it costs precious points. But telepathy would be pretty easy. Cause

[sblock=Telepathic communication to the DM]
I’d just sblock off information I only wanted one person to know, if needed. [/sblock]
To be fair, that SBLOCK didn't work in the Ap.

Remove ads