• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Wandering Star : Heroes of the Middle Reaches (Part One)

helium3

First Post
[sblock=ooc]All right folks, I think we're ready to get started. I've got Ranver, Pieter, Jorje and Varilar wielding orbs and Zarathas, Horto, Petra and Charlotte(?) wearing amulets.

Why don't you all roll initiative. It probably won't matter but it's always nice to have if it does.[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Zarathas takes the amulet and quickly slips it on his neck. He is immediatily ready to do his part.

[sblock=OOC]1d20-1=19. Why can't I roll those nat 20's with attacks?![/sblock]

helium3

First Post
[sblock=OOC]All right. Good enough I guess.[/sblock]
Petra walks into the circle and places Sekohlah's Tooth at the center. He stands and gestures towards the other amulet wearers, "The three of you need to come in here with me. We'll hold hands and form a ring with the tooth at the center." He turns to Pieter, "Once we're all in here and holding hands you can start."

As the group of four forms at the center of the diagram, Pieter explains what the orb holders will need to do, "Basically, it's very simple. I am going to perform a long and involved incantation involving words and gestures.

Each word of the incantation corresponds to specific symbols that are contained within the diagram. Each of you will stand within one quadrant of the diagram and when I speak one of the words in your quadrant you will need to touch your orb to the corresponding symbol.
"

Pieter places each of the orb holders within their quadrant and reviews the symbols and their corresponding words. He then takes a position in the empty quadrant of the diagram. He opens the tome to the correct page and holds the master orb aloft.

"RHUDDION GWYRDDLAS DDUWCH GWYNNWY GLAS"

[sblock=OOC]Assist checks from the orb holders, please.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Varilar concentrates on the incantation, listening carefully and hoping his memory of the symbols and words is enough to carry him through, although he's never been good at such things. With a sigh of relief, he recognizes a word and symbol combination.

[sblock=ooc] arcana check to aid 16 [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"It, it... something seems to fight back!" Jorje says, trying desperately to help.

[sblock=OOC]
initiative, Arcana Check (1d20=13, 1d20+11=13)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jorje
Perception: 12 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 6 / 8
Encounter Powers: Grasping Shadows
Daily Powers: Phantom Chasm

[/sblock][/sblock]

helium3

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hey all. I'm going to be moving over the next few days. While I'll have access to the internet, my tendency to respond to posts will be even slower than usual. I expect this to last until Tuesday or so.[/sblock]

Sparky

Ranver is lingering over the dire diagrams in the book when Pieter clears his throat at the young cleric. He's pretty sure some of the illuminations will visit his dreams, but he can't tear his eyes away. "Right. Orb. Symbols."

He makes the sign of The Eye over his chest and watches Jorge and Pieter carefully for cues on how to stand and how to hold the orb. His heart is pounding and his mouth dry. He'd never taken part in anything like this before... rituals sure... but nothing shrouded in secrecy, or for an urgent and unknown purpose.

His hands tremble slightly as he holds his orb up and listens carefully for the words that indicate the symbols in his quadrant... Glas, Glas, Glas... GLAS! He stoops and touches the orb to the symbol.

[sblock=ooc]Ugh - sorry I missed all this.
Init, Arcana Check: 7, 20
(didn't add in modifiers)[/sblock]

Remove ads