Pathfinder 1E [IC] Way of the Wicked

[section]Cass muttered a word of power. "F'dreth." The oracle drew a deep breath of air. His jaw unhinged grotesquely, and he forcibly exhaled. Flames issued forth, like molten vomit. Cass breathed a fifteen-foot cone of flame. If he could catch both cobras without also harming Nelleon, he would. If not, he aimed for the southernmost cobra.[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Extra Revelation [Fire Breath (Su)]: As a standard action, you can unleash a 15-foot cone of flame from your mouth. This flame deals 1d4 points of fire damage per level. A Reflex save (I think the DC is 16 (10 + Cha 4 + Lvl 2)) halves this damage. You can use this ability once per day, plus one additional time per day at 5th level and every five levels thereafter. No spell resistance is listed.[/sblock]
Fire Breath [roll0]

G

Guest 11456

Combat - Round 2/3 - Wrap Up

Lord Nelleon is finally struck for the first time, and snarls as the snake bites deep into his thigh. He twists and strikes out at the snake that had bit him.
But the blow just bounces off the metal snakes thick hide.

Cass muttered a word of power. "F'dreth." The oracle drew a deep breath of air. His jaw unhinged grotesquely, and he forcibly exhaled. Flames issued forth, like molten vomit. Cass breathed a fifteen-foot cone of flame. If he could catch both cobras without also harming Nelleon, he would. If not, he aimed for the southernmost cobra.
(DC to save against revelations is equal to 10 + 1/2 the oracle's level + the oracle's Charisma modifier; so 15 and rolled a 21)
The flames wash over the cobra to the south but appear to do no damage.

Silhouette scowled slightly, then looked back at the man she'd charmed. An idea took hold. He was no longer valuable as an informant...but perhaps he could serve other uses?
She went to him and offered her dagger. "It's all I have, but we may need your help to prevail against these things," she said. "I am a spellcaster, and can do without it if need be. Better we all have a chance to fight than selfishly hoard the weapons, yes? Now...steady your courage, and think of the brave knight we seek to find and aid. We must prevail!"

Armides delays to see if Timeon is going to do anything.

Timeon takes the dagger and moves into combat. He moves around the south cobra and it barely misses with its attack of opportunity.

"Curse these things." Niles points his finger at the previously targeted metal snake and utters a single word,"Forzairae." and a dart of force shoots out and aims unerringly at it.
The missile fizzles as it strikes the snake. (rolled 4 to overcome spell resistance)

The metallic cobras continue to attack Nelleon. Cobra1 (AC: 6, Damage: 7) and Cobra2 (AC: 20, Damage: 3). I need a Fortitude roll for Nelleon DC: 11 for any attack that hits.

Everyone is up.

Cobra AC: 22; SR 13

Initiative:
Nelleon 18
Cass 17
Silhouette 15
Armides 12
Timeon 8
Niles 22
Cobras 21

CURRENT MAP

Note: Everyone gets +1 to hit from Armides' Bless spell. Also Nelleon gets +2 against Cobra2 for flanking. Please add in bonuses to any attacks.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Nelleon takes another bite wound, and says out loud, "I'm going to crack the skull open of one of these things, living or not."

Fort Save (DC 11)
[roll0]
Attack Cobra2
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

OOC:
OOC:
Lord Nelleon
AC: 19, HPs: 14/22

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, Inquisitor of Asmodeus

[section]
Armides makes a noise of frustration deep in his throat like a growl. He pulls the dagger from his belt and steps into the room. It is obvious by his posture that he is none too pleased to be stepping up to combat anything toe to toe.

"Whether they are living or not? Or you?" He laughs, a harsh sound for an unfunny jest.

He jabs at the cobra in front of him and the clang of metal on metal sounds through the room. His attack doesn't appear to be enough to have injured the creature however.

[/section]
New Map
[sblock=OOC]Move: into room & draw dagger
Standard: attack Cobra2: [roll0] for [roll1] [/sblock]
[sblock=Sheet]Armides Diat, Inquisitor 2
Init: +8; Perception: +7

AC 18 (14 Touch; 14 FF) Current AC: 18
HP: 15 Current HP: 15
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: lit torch & dagger
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: (DC 13) 1/3 Remaining
    Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Divine Favor
  • 0-level: (DC 12) Unlimited
    Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Read Magic, Sift

Special: Judgement 1/1 Remaining
[/sblock]

OOC: TS, my notes for Cass's fire breath revelation say that there is no spell resistance for this particular revelation, and that a successful save should result in the target taking half damage. Cass rolled 6 fire damage, so by my calculation the southernmost cobra should still take 3 points of damage. Let me know if there's something I've missed.

[section]Cass paced in the hallway, his longsword in hand. He was all too aware of his weakened state from the mist, and therefore reluctant to enter the fracas against the metallic cobras. He stayed in the hallway, but bellowed, "Clear the doorway for others to join you!"[/section]
[sblock=OOC]No action this round. Both Cass's fire spells have fizzled, and other than a longsword attack, I got nothin'. I don't want to incur an attack of opportunity by moving through a threatened square, so I'll wait for the logjam in the doorway to clear before entering the room with the cobras.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Combat - Round 3/4 - Wrap Up

Nelleon takes another bite wound, and says out loud, "I'm going to crack the skull open of one of these things, living or not."
His attack misses.

Cass paced in the hallway, his longsword in hand. He was all too aware of his weakened state from the mist, and therefore reluctant to enter the fracas against the metallic cobras. He stayed in the hallway, but bellowed, "Clear the doorway for others to join you!"

Having spured Timeon to action Silhouette finds there is little she can offer in hand-to-hand combat. So she delays to see what the others will do.

Armides makes a noise of frustration deep in his throat like a growl. He pulls the dagger from his belt and steps into the room. It is obvious by his posture that he is none too pleased to be stepping up to combat anything toe to toe.
"Whether they are living or not? Or you?" He laughs, a harsh sound for an unfunny jest.
He jabs at the cobra in front of him and the clang of metal on metal sounds through the room. His attack doesn't appear to be enough to have injured the creature however.
His attack misses.

Timeon strikes at the cobra between him and Neleon. His attack is a particularly good strike but does much less damage then expected.

Niles, frustrated that his magic has done nothing, ponders his next move.

Cobra1 strikes at Neleon (AC: 14, Damage: 7, Fortitude DC: 11 if hit) Cobra2 turns and strikes at Timeon. The construct hits the poor man and he collapses to the floor.

Everyone is up.

Cobra AC:22; SR: 13; DR: 5/-

Initiative:
Nelleon 18
Cass 17
Silhouette 15
Armides 12
Niles 22
Cobras 21

CURRENT MAP

Note: Everyone gets +1 to hit from Armides' Bless spell. Please add in this bonus to any attacks.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, Inquisitor of Asmodeus

[section]
Armides steps around the cobra and next to Timmeon. He stabs again at the cobra but isn't convinced he'll be able to penetrate the creature's metal armor.

"Blast this hellspawn, will you?" It isn't certain who, specifically, he is speaking to, though.

[/section]
New Map
[sblock=OOC]Move: --
Standard: attack Cobra2: [roll0] for [roll1]
EDIT: I forgot bless doesn't add to damage. This should be 7 damage, not 8
Free: 5 ft step as on map[/sblock]
[sblock=Sheet]Armides Diat, Inquisitor 2
Init: +8; Perception: +7

AC 18 (14 Touch; 14 FF) Current AC: 18
HP: 15 Current HP: 15
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: lit torch & dagger
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: (DC 13) 1/3 Remaining
    Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Divine Favor
  • 0-level: (DC 12) Unlimited
    Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Read Magic, Sift

Special: Judgement 1/1 Remaining
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Nelleon says, "Looks like he couldn't take a hit. We best hope that man is still alive," as he cuts once more at Cobra 2.

[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

The ENWorld roller hates Nelleon...

G

Guest 11456

OOC: You are welcome to use your own dice if you wish. There are no requirements for dice for this game.

Remove ads