Icewind Dale EE & other infinity engine games.

I picked up Icewind Dale I & II recently. I have started Icewind Dale I in the past but didn't get far due to life distractions. I know these games are old as dirt now but I'd like to discuss them. So far I made it to the Forgotten Shrine (I think that's what it's called). I'm really enjoying it, just a dungeon crawl. I've played all the BG games. They are probably my favorite games of all time. Anyone else playing these games or have any fond memories?

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
I'm still on journey in BG 2ee, that I have restarted numerous times with almost the same characters of my composition ( using the option " create a party " ) ...

That's what I like about Icewind Dale, you create your party. I've never tried it in the BG games but I will once I finish IWD. I do miss the story elements you get in BG vs IWD. At times IWD can seem overwhelming with the number of enemies they throw at you.

le Redoutable

The thing I regret is that there isn't time limits to accomplish quests; I 'm thinking of Perfect General if you know the style

le Redoutable

About BG3, I think there's so much options that novice players will completely drown
I personally won't invest in a game system that will require thousands of try just to acquire basic knowledge of ??

I haven't been following BG3. I thought it was only for PC and I don't have a PC that could run it well. Then I hear it's coming to consoles. I may try it out but I just don't think it's going to feel like a BG game. Pillars of Eternity came very close to the feel but it took me a bit to learn the rules system they used.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I haven't been following BG3. I thought it was only for PC and I don't have a PC that could run it well. Then I hear it's coming to consoles. I may try it out but I just don't think it's going to feel like a BG game. Pillars of Eternity came very close to the feel but it took me a bit to learn the rules system they used.
Actually, you might be surprised: word on the street is that it captures the vibe very well, even with modern shiny graphics.

Remove ads