Icewind Dale EE & other infinity engine games.

Since all the EE versions of the infinity engine games are very cheep on GOG.com I just went ahead and bought them all. BG I & II with Dragonspear. I already had both IWD games, and finally I picked up Planescape (really looking forward to this one). Got all 3 remaining games for just over 20 usd.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Does this mean I should buy Divintiy Origins 2? I mean, it is massively discounted.

Oh, and I made it past the wolves and orcs and goblins today in IWD....I am recalling this game now.

Finished BG 1 and started SoDS. Anyone play that game yet? I'm very early in the game but I don't mind spoilers.
It's okay, but has a number of issues stopping it being good:

• it suffers greatly from rather abrupt location transitions that prevent you backtracking;
  • if falls between the stools of trying to be nostalgic and trying to be modern, and as a result is neither;
  • it has a cliff-hanger epilogue that is clearly intended to set up a Baldur's Gate 3 that Beamdog never got to make.

I remember I found the dialogue in those games hillarious.
I often, when I'm not lazy write down witty repartee and cool or insightful sayings from games or series and try incorporate them into our game's social encounters with NPCs. Those games are a treasure trove!

Adeptus7

Villager
Loved Infinity Engine games. In fact, thay are still high on my list of favourite CRPGS. Nowadays, I consider Owlcat Pathfinder games their most close "spiritual succesors".

Remove ads