• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Icons?

Any way in the world I can get a custom icon in front of my Story Hour thread? If it's hosted remotely? Probably not practical, but you never know till you ask...

Attachments

• dark-heritage.gif
    dark-heritage.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 145

That would be good; I have a feeling there's a bunch that aren't really used much, and others that seem obvious but don't exist. Do you have usage statistics by any chance? For the curious?

DM Magic said:
I still believe that if they're not used for every post, they're not useful enough. Like at Nutkinland of old, I suggest posts that have no icon assigned be defaulted to "GENERIC" or something like that. Also, it would be great to be able to sort by icon.
Huh, I disagree. I like the fact that most posts don't have an icon; it makes finding a post that I iconed that much easier.
Piratecat said:
I'm against icons for individual story hours. That's probably a little TOO specific.
Yeah, my hope (although not much of one) was that if I hosted it remotely, on my site somewhere, there'd be a way to have it show as the icon. I doubt that the vB boards would have that functionality, but like I said, you never know for sure until you ask... ;)

Hey, if the icons are going to be revisited, is there going to be a Meta poll or something like that asking about what icons we don't use/need, and proposals for new icons?

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Huh, I disagree. I like the fact that most posts don't have an icon; it makes finding a post that I iconed that much easier.

Same for me -- if every post had an icon, it'd be a lot like having no icons at all, IMO.

Remove ads