Most Iconic Weapons (Non-DnD)

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Lightsaber
Six-shooter revolver
Katana or Mjolnir, maybe? Stormbringer and Excalibur are up there.

At different times the Thompson (Tommy Gun), Luger, Uzi, Mac 10, Desert Eagle, M-16, Walther PPK or M1 Garand have also been near the top, IMO linked to their prevalence and prominence on TV and in movies, but I think all of those have descended from their peaks. Whereas the lightsaber, six-shooter, and probably the katana have been pretty much continually iconic since they first started appearing on film.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Phaser.
Bat'leth.

I'm tempted to mention both the sonic screwdriver from Doctor Who and the wands from Harry Potter, but they're both more like multipurpose tools that are often deployed in weapon-like fashion (much as the Doctor may protest that characterisation) and therefore probably qualify for their own list.

In fact...

The Flying Guillotine

4PnXieb.gif

Ulfgeir

Hero
For real weapons that changed the world:
The Bow - Took lots of training, but it was used both for hunting and warfare. Both on foot and on horseback.
The Colt (peacekeeper) revolver - It made men equal as the saying went.
The Atomic bomb - the pinnacle of destruction.

Most iconic weapons from games/films
The lightsaber - A weapon from a more civilized era.
Excalibur - The most iconic sword. Would probably have been an Arming swod.
Mjölnir - The weapon wielded by a god has to earn a place.

And iconic weapons that are just stupid:
The Ba'tleth - Whoever uses it deserves to be shot in proper Indiana Jones style (yeah, you know the scene)...
The Glaive - as in the flying thing from Krull.
The Oversized swords from anime and final fantasy.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well, the new movies had a whole death planet that might have counted if people liked the last three movies being just a copy of the first three.
Tell me you skipped The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker without saying you skipped The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker.

(Also, never get tempted to see Rise of Skywalker. How you feel about TLJ will probably be more of a coin flip.)

Remove ads