• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ideas for crafting magical items

Warehouse23

First Post
So my character is going to shortly be crawling out of a dungeon as a 4th level wizard. At 3rd level, I picked up the craft wonderous item feat, and I'm thinking it's about time he went about crafting some magical items.

Background: He has good ranks and bonuses to craft(blacksmithing) and craft(alchemy), and specializes in evocation (prohibited: necromancy, illusion-- think the good-hearted, plain-dealing, kick-in-the-patoot style blacksmith type). He has a fair deal of cash on hand, and access to just about any level 1-3 arcane spells (save those that are in necro or illusion).

I was thinking of trying to create some shield bracers, or a belt of mage armor. Do folks have any suggestions for more unusual items that might be useful to make? I'm particularly looking for utility-type items, rather than items which shoot blinding death (that's what the extra daily evocation spell slot is for).

Crothian

First Post
Okay, so what in the last adventure did the party have trouble with? what skills were they lacking on? Is there one character that can't spot or sneak or see in the dark?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Yeah, what Crothian said. Fill holes that need to be filled.

Also, there are some cool Dragoncraft items, but you need another feat for that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads