• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

iDND programs?

GodPhoenix

First Post
Trying to get a regular internet game together with a friend that moved two states away. What software would you guys suggest? What have you tried? Do any incorporate video (quickcam type stuff)?

Thx!

naloomi

First Post
Will this campaign be fully based on the Internet?

If so, I find the AIM (Aol Instant Messenger) chat rooms to be very good.

It has it's own built in dice roller, so it is public roller. You can privately chat with single players in private windows.

It is what I use for games that I run online.

Naloomi

steev42

First Post
I also use AIM to run my Monday night games. In addition, I have found Microsoft Excel to be invaluable for combats...it even has the coordinate system built in. (Select all, make the cells 17 pixels wide...perfect grid).

The AIM dice roller, however, tends to be a bit buggy in my experience. Two people roll dice within...5 or 6 seconds of each other, they tend to get the same result. My experience says this happens about 85% of the time, so you may want to find some other method of die rolling.

steev42

First Post
I also use AIM to run my Monday night games. In addition, I have found Microsoft Excel to be invaluable for combats...it even has the coordinate system built in. (Select all, make the cells 17 pixels wide...perfect grid).

The AIM dice roller, however, tends to be a bit buggy in my experience. Two people roll dice within...5 or 6 seconds of each other, they tend to get the same result. My experience says this happens about 85% of the time, so you may want to find some other method of die rolling.

Remove ads