• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If playing Dungeons and Dragons has taught me anything...

delericho

Legend
If Dungeons & Dragons has taught me anything, it's that the quality of the people around me is a far stronger predictor of success (however you measure success) than almost any other factor. Get the right people around the table, and any system can give a great game; get the wrong people, and no system can salvage it.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
It's that D&D is a relative game, not a subjective one. And that it, and every game really, have nothing whatsoever to do with narrative theory.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
As a DM I first learned a harsh life lesson which I am only now beginning to grasp. My hard work and a creativity usually amount to a hill of beans and most things I do will always go unappreciated by others.

I learned the lesson slightly differently. My D&D players taught me that hard work and creativity will never be appreciated in the manner in which I expect. Things that I think are wonderful and worked very hard on will go ignored, while things that I thought up on the spur of the moment and introduced without preparation will be long and fondly remembered.

koga305

First Post
As a DM, D&D has helped me become much more adept at planning and organization. Often getting my players to the game (on time and prepared) is as difficult as making sure they have a good time while playing!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads