• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E If you want High Dex melee -and- a choice in weapons, you're asking for WAY to much

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Strangely enough, it appears you can still dervish dance and TWF with an unarmed strike or armor spikes. You'd also get to use dex for those attacks and damage. Natural attacks would benefit similarly.

N'raac

First Post
Freeport is 3PP stuff from Green Ronin Publishing and didn't the OP say they couldn't use that?

To the OP: I was skimming through the posts and maybe someone mentioned it and maybe not, but there is also the Agile enhancement.

Agile Enhancement seems an even better option for those using weapon finesse. However, it does not seem to resolve the OP's issue that there is a lack of choice of weapons for the DEX-based fighters, given it works only on weapons eligible for Weapon Finesse.

BTW, given the number of house rules posted above, I don't see 3PP as inconsistent with the evolution of the discussion.

N'raac

First Post
Strangely enough, it appears you can still dervish dance and TWF with an unarmed strike or armor spikes. You'd also get to use dex for those attacks and damage. Natural attacks would benefit similarly.

I'd say no based on my perception of the intent of the rules. If we're going to lawyer the RAW, I would suggest that "When wielding a scimitar with one hand" means you get the benefits when wielding the scimitar, not when slashing with your armor spikes, making a natural attack or using an unarmed strike. Those things would not prevent the bonus from the scimitar, but that bonus would not extend to these non-scimitar attacks.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
I disagree. The description of the feat's effect on the table is
Use Dex modifier instead of Str modifier with scimitar.
You can try and argue semantics I suppose, but the rule seems crystal clear that it only applies to the scimitar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads