Ignoring users

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's now easier to ignore users who bother you here on EN World. There's a link to the left of every post which you can use to quickly ignore that user.

From your point of view, that user will disappear from the site. You won't see their posts at all.

Nagol

Unimportant
Not quite true. If the ignored party starts a thread, it appears in the forum list w/ the name. You don't see the actual content of the post if you click the link though. Though you can see any replies from people you aren't ignoring.

Nagol

Unimportant
At the top of the page:

Settings

Left hand column Find the "My Settings" box and the "My Account" box inside it

Inside is "Edit ignore list" link

Satin Knights

First Post
Any chance we can get a settings panel entry to turn the link off/remove it?

It is a very good idea for those that read the design/discussion threads, but not so much for those that are in the game threads. One mistaken click and one of the characters disappears from the game, from the viewer's perspective. The confusion that follows could be entertaining though, I suppose.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Any chance we can get a settings panel entry to turn the link off/remove it?

It is a very good idea for those that read the design/discussion threads, but not so much for those that are in the game threads. One mistaken click and one of the characters disappears from the game, from the viewer's perspective. The confusion that follows could be entertaining though, I suppose.

It takes a bit more than a mistaken click. There's a confirmation step. It's not really possible to accidentally ignore somebody.

Satin Knights

First Post
Okay, I guess that is good enough. I also just checked, one cannot ignore you, admins or moderators, so that is covered as well. So, that covers all my thoughts on it. Thanks.

Dausuul

Legend
Any possibility we could make the Ignore feature a little more thorough? I don't see posts from people on my Ignore list, but I do see threads they start, and I see quoted text from their posts when people reply. (Obviously the forum can't auto-hide every reply to an Ignored person, but it could perhaps hide the stuff in a quote block attributed to that person...?)

Some of the people on my Ignore list were put there because they have a habit of starting threads with aggressive, borderline insulting OPs. It would be nice to not see those threads at all, instead of wandering in, being confused because the first post seems to be replying to something else, then seeing some quoted text and starting to simmer.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I just removed two people from my Ignore List. I had put them on over a month ago, but I figured I'd look at a couple of their posts and see if things had improved. Nope, no improvement. So the quick and easy Ignore link worked very nicely to fix things back, and the system sent me right back to the thread I was reading.

Bullgrit

Remove ads