Immortals Handbook - Epic Bestiary (Epic Monster Discussion)

Phantom Llama

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Yes I like the book/movie "Phantoms" too. ;)
...Believe it or not I wasn't actually thinking of anything particular when I posted that. I think I may have seen that a while ago though, was that the one with the
giant bacterial colony that IIRC believed it was god
or am I getting confused?

If it represents other creatures then is it Fey though?
Good question. One could make a reasonable case either way. It could be argued that it represents them and their place in nature rather than is one of them, much like the god of fire or humans is an Outsider rather than an Elemental or Humanoid.

Fake Edit: Also I like Mr. Silverfrond's idea.

Hey Phantom Llama mate! :D

Phantom Llama said:
...Believe it or not I wasn't actually thinking of anything particular when I posted that. I think I may have seen that a while ago though, was that the one with the
giant bacterial colony that IIRC believed it was god
or am I getting confused?

I really liked that movie, it had a great atmosphere about it.

Phantom Llama said:
Good question. One could make a reasonable case either way. It could be argued that it represents them and their place in nature rather than is one of them, much like the god of fire or humans is an Outsider rather than an Elemental or Humanoid.

I prefer to think of Fey as Nature 'Spirits'.

Incidently I had an idea for a cool epic monster: Bale Fiend (its a cross between a Balor and a Pit Fiend) their two spirits entwined by some mad deity. Then again, maybe its too similar to an Infernal I wonder...?

Upper_Krust said:
Incidently I had an idea for a cool epic monster: Bale Fiend (its a cross between a Balor and a Pit Fiend) their two spirits entwined by some mad deity. Then again, maybe its too similar to an Infernal I wonder...?
I don't think that a demon/devil cross would infringe too closely on a god/fiend cross if you do it right. Of course, being Upper_Krust, you will definitely do it right.

Random Monster Idea #452: A living hurricane made of teeth.

Fieari

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:

That could probably be statted up with existing rules, such that it isn't really a NEW thing... well, unless you MAKE it a new thing, of course. But I'm thinking Gestalt or Tauric the Balor and Pit Fiend together, then advance as you see fit, and apply whatever divine template seems appropriate.

Hiya mate! :)

Fieari said:
So is the cover painted yet? On a scale of 1 to 10, how awesome is it?

Its 95%. Painting gold to look like gold ain't as easy as you may think, and it doesn't help that the whole thing radiates light, making the light sourcing a total pain in the bottom. The reflective shadow on the Seraphim is tricky so I am giving it due consideration.

Also the paint I am using really does look like gold, which is great until you realise that subsequent layers of paint over the top don't blend as well.

Other than that everything is finished (although there are some lighting bolts that go over the top of the Seraphim that will need to be done after the Seraphim is finished).

ShadowNinja

First Post
Hey Craig. It's Mike. I haven't gotten an email back from you yet, so I decided to register and chat it up on these boards.

The cover art for the Bestiary looks fantastic! Is the Typhon art going to be like that too?

Also, I got this as a request on the Wizards boards:

100head_dragon_light.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Remove ads