Immortals Handbook - Epic Bestiary (Epic Monster Discussion)

ShadowNinja said:
Hey Craig. It's Mike.

Hiya Mike mate! :)

ShadowNinja said:
I haven't gotten an email back from you yet,

Oops sorry. :eek:

ShadowNinja said:
so I decided to register and chat it up on these boards.

You should have been on these boards years ago! :p

ShadowNinja said:
The cover art for the Bestiary looks fantastic!

Thanks - I told you I could paint...I bet you were worried after the first illustration I sent you years ago. :lol:

ShadowNinja said:
Is the Typhon art going to be like that too?

Typhon vs Kronos would make a cool Immortals Index: Greek Mythos book cover.

ShadowNinja said:
Also, I got this as a request on the Wizards boards:

Let me know what you think!

I think its excellent. Best representation of Typhon I have yet seen.

ShadowNinja

First Post
Yeah, I even still have the image you sent me. I put it in my D n D Monster's Manual.

I hadn't doubted your skills in paint, was just cautious! However, now I'm blown away, because the art you put on that Seraphim is awesome!

I can't wait for the Greek Mythos Edition, that is one I'm definately going to have to pick up. And now since we've seen a Full 100-headed dragon - Do you think that's gassed you to give your rendition? (Which I figure might be 100% more badass, only because that one slightly might resemble what Typhon looks like if drawn by the artists of Pokemon.) Ha!

Can't wait man.

paradox42

First Post
I'll add my kudos to the pile- without even reading the post, the first name that popped into my head upon seeing that picture was "Typhon." Great work! Makes me want to stat up a beast like that- perhaps one could start with a Half-Dragon Hecatoncheires and go from there. :)

paradox42 said:
I'll add my kudos to the pile- without even reading the post, the first name that popped into my head upon seeing that picture was "Typhon." Great work! Makes me want to stat up a beast like that- perhaps one could start with a Half-Dragon Hecatoncheires and go from there. :)
If you add the Multi-Headed Template (Savage Species) To a Great Wyrm Red Dragon, and add a divinity template, you get something about right :) (And by about right, I mean something definitely strong enough to peel the skin off a greater god :))

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
If you add the Multi-Headed Template (Savage Species) To a Great Wyrm Red Dragon, and add a divinity template, you get something about right :) (And by about right, I mean something definitely strong enough to peel the skin off a greater god :))
Just bear in mind that the SS multiheaded template generates CRs much higher than what it says when you add that many heads.

Servitor of Wrath said:
Just bear in mind that the SS multiheaded template generates CRs much higher than what it says when you add that many heads.
Generally yes. But if you note that it says the CR increases by 1 for each Head-based breath weapon, and having 100 heads thus 100 breath weapons, the CR goes up by 100. :) So while Typhon as a 100 headed GW Red Dragon may breath for 2400d10 damage, it has such an absurd CR that this ammount is actually quite useless. (Just get a ring of fire immunity, and laugh. Laugh for all of 6 secounds before it bites your head off.)

Remove ads