• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - Godsend

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Just in case you're still having email problems, U_K, I sent the first round of edits for v.6 of your CR system to you. :)

Hey Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
Just in case you're still having email problems,

Email seems okay, must have just been a problem on that one day.

Alzrius said:
U_K, I sent the first round of edits for v.6 of your CR system to you. :)

Thanks very much.

As I mentioned on the other thread I will be replacing the Encounter Level part wholesale with a new, simpler format that mimics 4E's encounter design. However, I will likely be very busy over the next 4-5 days. So give me about a week to get back to you on that.

Hiya mercucio mate! :)

mercucio said:
Any update on this UK?

Meant to make an announcement about this on my website over tha past week or so and just got bogged down doing other things.

The recent update of the GSL means that I can still make 3.5E products and 4E products simultaneously. So Godsend doesn't have to be my last 3.5E book. So that is the good news. The bad news is still that I hate working on 3.5E and having to finish Godsend is like backstroking through quicksand.

So what will probably happen (in the short term) is that I'll finish a relatively small 4E pdf (probably Gods & Monsters - Astral Plane: Epic Tier*) and then have Alzrius and paradox42 (who have already asked to be involved) convert that pdf to 3.5E with myself in more of a supervisory role. That pdf will include all the Epic Monster Design contest winners.

*Yes it does have the Nosferatu Dante (as well as other Vampires). ;)

Version 6 of the CR/EL document I'll release probably at the end of next week for free.

I am not exactly sure what will happen to the 'Gods' chapter of Godsend - however, I have plans for verions of all those deities - Metatron is in G&M: Astral Plane - Immortal Tier, No Cha is in both the L0 Adventure "No Chance In Hell" and the Immortals Index - Bronze Age: Chinese Mythology etc. So whats likely to happen is simply a breaking down into component parts.

The DDQ Magic Rules (for 3.5E) I'll finish and add to some future 3.5E book, probably the finished Ascension print version...I'll update the Ascension pdf for free.

So in place of Godsend you can (hopefully soon) expect to see:

Gods & Monsters ~ Astral Plane: Epic Tier
Immortals Index ~ Bronze Age: Canaanite Mythology
Immortals Handbook ~ Ascension (Expanded)
L0 ~ No Chance in Hell (Adventure for ECLs 37-40)
L1 ~ Against the Reptile God (Adventure for ECLs 41-56)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Hiya mercucio mate! :)

Meant to make an announcement about this on my website over tha past week or so and just got bogged down doing other things.

The recent update of the GSL means that I can still make 3.5E products and 4E products simultaneously. So Godsend doesn't have to be my last 3.5E book. So that is the good news. The bad news is still that I hate working on 3.5E and having to finish Godsend is like backstroking through quicksand.

So what will probably happen (in the short term) is that I'll finish a relatively small 4E pdf (probably Gods & Monsters - Astral Plane: Epic Tier*) and then have Alzrius and paradox42 (who have already asked to be involved) convert that pdf to 3.5E with myself in more of a supervisory role. That pdf will include all the Epic Monster Design contest winners.

*Yes it does have the Nosferatu Dante (as well as other Vampires). ;)

Version 6 of the CR/EL document I'll release probably at the end of next week for free.

I am not exactly sure what will happen to the 'Gods' chapter of Godsend - however, I have plans for verions of all those deities - Metatron is in G&M: Astral Plane - Immortal Tier, No Cha is in both the L0 Adventure "No Chance In Hell" and the Immortals Index - Bronze Age: Chinese Mythology etc. So whats likely to happen is simply a breaking down into component parts.

The DDQ Magic Rules (for 3.5E) I'll finish and add to some future 3.5E book, probably the finished Ascension print version...I'll update the Ascension pdf for free.

So in place of Godsend you can (hopefully soon) expect to see:

Gods & Monsters ~ Astral Plane: Epic Tier
Immortals Index ~ Bronze Age: Canaanite Mythology
Immortals Handbook ~ Ascension (Expanded)
L0 ~ No Chance in Hell (Adventure for ECLs 37-40)
L1 ~ Against the Reptile God (Adventure for ECLs 41-56)

YAY!!! Yeah, I don't post much anymore, but I still lurk frequently, I'm waiting for the release of the Nosferato (and other vampires) especially =^.^=

I think it would be nice if people were to create new monsters for 3.5 as well. Or perhaps some interesting epic transformational prestige classes that turn you into monsters over the course of 10-20 levels.

Here on the threads of course. Kinda like an idea pool that everyone can just dip into. I haven't seen much of that lately.

Belzamus

First Post
Hey U_K, that's awesome news.

Any chance of a second bestiary with some of those awesome, awesome, sounding monsters you had planned so long ago?

And is that everything that was going to be in Godsend, or is there other stuff that might be saved for later works?

Hey dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
YAY!!! Yeah, I don't post much anymore, but I still lurk frequently, I'm waiting for the release of the Nosferato (and other vampires) especially =^.^=

I am building the Gods & Monsters 'bestiaries' a bit differently to the Epic Bestiary. This time there will be a stronger emphasis on themes (as 4E encounters more often require groups of different enemies). So most (if not all?) the monsters will have some sort of relevance or link to a group. This first pdf has about 7 themed groups, one of which is Angels, another of which is Vampires. Also there is some cross-pollenization between groups in this manner.

I think it would be nice if people were to create new monsters for 3.5 as well.

Well the 3.5E version will have all the competition winners. So thats something for starters. :)

Or perhaps some interesting epic transformational prestige classes that turn you into monsters over the course of 10-20 levels.

A Vampire Paragon Path - Nosferatu Epic Destiny you say?

Here on the threads of course. Kinda like an idea pool that everyone can just dip into. I haven't seen much of that lately.

Ah. Well, things are kinda slow around here (and rightly so) and I am sure they will remain that way until I can get something new released. Totally understandable.

Hey Belzamus dude! :)

Belzamus said:
Hey U_K, that's awesome news.

Any chance of a second bestiary with some of those awesome, awesome, sounding monsters you had planned so long ago?

Well I have 18 Bestiaries pencilled down, along with 25 adventures (all of which feature new monsters) and 20 Immortals Index volumes (all of which feature new monsters and deities in stat block format so they're effectively monsters). All in all its probably something like 2000 monsters.

The chances of me getting all that completed within even 10 years (4E's life cycle) are pretty slim.

I'd be happy to get one pdf completed at the moment. :D

And is that everything that was going to be in Godsend, or is there other stuff that might be saved for later works?

There were new artifact rules, and the revised classes from my website, and probably some more stuff I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment.

Belzamus

First Post
I'm in the same boat as you, Kerrick, eagerly awaiting news. Seems like every forum I visit has dried up to nothing this week (likely because of spring break/vacations).

Remove ads