Immortals Handbook - Godsend

Hey dyspro! :)

dyspro said:
Actually my name is Jim.

Oh, okay, sorry for the confusion.

I emailed you U_K once or twice about questions I had about Ascension which you answered quickly and were very helpful.

Happy to be of assistance. :)

Unfortunately I'm not a professional artist so I can't help you there.

Thats okay, I was only messing. ;)

I do know a couple of guys who are and might be able to help. But I can't vouch for their availability.

I should have that covered anyway, although I won't commision anything until I have a finished written product.

I just didn't like seeing you get crapped on for "disappointing the fan base." Come on, WOTC disappoints all the time with late (sometimes incomplete) products, or repainted miniatures to "fill in space" and they have an entire company to work on things!

Pssthpok has been here a long time and I certainly don't hold it against him for being critical of my work rate. If the situation was reversed I'd probably feel the same way.

Imagine what you (or possibly any of us) could do with your own staff . . .

I can dream I suppose.

Howdy Pssthpok dude! :)

Apologies for missing this post before.

Pssthpok said:
Is that a matter of debate? My loyalty to a non-existent product line?

Let it be known that I've never hidden my disdain for Craig's terrible schedule-keeping abilities. Let it also be perfectly clear that I have always thought the man had some brilliant 3E rules.

Still, in the end he couldn't hack it. Too much interest in proprietary material - being able to have his name in big bold letters even if it meant dragging out one project for years on end.

If 'not being able to hack it' meant having to take a part time job because only Monte Cook makes enough to actually live off his pdf sales, then fair enough.

I mean, c'mon... that's laughable. If you can't finish it, just say so. Oh, right, oops... he already sold it to a bunch of people, and it's been nothing but a string of delays and excuses since then. Since 2006.

Ascension is technically finished. I always wanted to add more art (and I still do), but my idea was to use art that would also appear in a future book.

There may be a few parts of the text that could use errata, but no more than any WotC book.

And you criticize my loyalty?
Well then I criticize your reasoning, since loyalty to a business is earned by that business and, last time I checked, Craid owed us all a finished book (for an edition that's been left behind, mind you).

Again, we were bamboozled by vaporware. We bought a book that wasn't even finished before the edition died. Is that entirely Craig's fault? No. Did he do any of this on purpose? Probably not. Is he still culpable? Absolutely. Does he deserve any confidence or leeway? I don't think so.

Absolutely, and I learn from my mistakes, which is why I won't have any pre-order stuff again.

Now the funniest thing is that, after months of absence and just not having the heart to come here and see nothing's yet been done, I log in and see the same conversations about why Craig's been unable to finish it this time around, or what other little tangent has all his attention, and you guys just lap it up and spill yourselves over hints of things he's thinking of doing...

I have to laugh.
And yet here you are - the "loyal" customer.
Have fun with your "loyalty", then, and no book.
Because coming here... that's all you've got.

I don't ask people to stick around, I'm not (currently) trying to sell anything (my current books have probably run their course). I won't be upset if people want to leave and maybe check back every few months (as you yourself did).

But at the same time I appreciate the interest some people have in what I'm working on and I'll always try to give them my attention, whether it be via emails or in this forum.

Hey Rhuarc dude! :)

Rhuarc said:
Well, let us know if we can help you with anything (except art work I'm afraid) and I'm sure there will be at least a few common posters here who would love to help you out! :)

Beyond art, editing and conversion its difficult to know how other people can help. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

...and I appreciate the offer nonetheless.

Hi all! :)

Theres no real default forum here so I'll just post this here.

I was recently contacted by a new company that have bought out my old webspace provider. Seemingly though they plan on charging me four times as much! Clearly thats not an option. I have asked them to make me a counter proposal or I'll switch providers. No reply as yet, but I imagine my website could be down from the start of May until I get things sorted. Just so you know in advance.

Hi Kerrick mate! :)

Kerrick said:
Dude, just get a wiki - it's free, and much easier to organize stuff. Screw those money-grabbing ISPs.

I don't mind paying, just not as much as they are asking. I also like having my own .com. ;)

Hello again! :)

Just had an email from them that they won't change their terms. So I had a sniff about the web for a new provider and come up with:

Web Hosting - cPanel PHP MySQL Joomla low cost website Hosting by VelnetWeb

Amazingly they are cheaper than what I was originally paying. They are asking £2.40 month (for the exact same package I have always had), which is very nice indeed.

I am not sure if they allow payment via Paypal though and emailing them isn't straightforward either but I'll try to get that sorted within the next few days (working next two nights).

Remove ads