Immortals Handbook - Godsend

Kerrick

First Post
Coolio. I was going to just do my monsters using v5 if I hadn't seen anything by tomorrow (May 1st), but since you said you'll get it done (and I'm holding you to that! :) ), I'll hold off a couple weeks. I've got some ideas for races/cultures anyway, and I'm playing around with changes to bonuses that could change how monster ACs are listed.

Hey there! :)

I'm knee deep in blood at the moment...figuratively that is. There is so much vampiric content in this first (new) pdf that I may actually may actually call it the Vampire Bestiary. Also, while normally I would stick to Epic Tier or above, for one pdf only (this one) there is some bleed (pun intended) into the Paragon Tier.

As the project progressed I realised I was creating new monsters at an exponential rate, which has meant constant cutbacks to the breadth of the project. I think that 4E differs from 3.5 in that you need more monsters to flesh out the encounters. So if you are creating adventures based on a theme (Fallen Angels, Yuan-Ti, Vampires etc.) you want as many of those monsters (and related monsters such as servants) covering different levels and roles as possible. So logically it seems to make sense to have them contained in the one place rather than offering a different vampire type in each pdf.

Of course, I can hear you thinking, well its still an Immortal's Handbook...right. To which I would reply, "Hey, this is me we are talking about, and if there is one thing I am known for*, its epic stuff!"

*Apart from delays.

So you still get Gods as well, they are just vampire gods or in some ways related to vampires, blood and that kind of thing. You still get immortal monsters too, just that they have some sort of vampiric connection which may or may not be tenuous. Also its not just vampires in there, its giants, golems, wights and other stuff I'll keep a lid on for the moment.

Fingers crossed I can get this pdf finished with about another week's work.

The companion piece to this would be a sort of 'Book of Fallen Angels', but I'll worry about that after I get this pdf written.

Not sure if these formats are the best way to go, but I think for smaller pdfs they may be. With a larger pdf. you can get away with a greater spread of monsters but I think with pdfs. this small, better to be focused on one theme.

Any comments on that?

By the way has anyone noticed how small the epic tier content of MM2 (4E) is!? Its got 50% less Epic Monsters than MM1 (4E). :(

Rhuarc

Explorer
My comment:

Just get it done already! :D
Sounds great, and I guess you are right about that you should release the monsters for a themed adventure all at once, instead of splitting them up.

So I'm getting ready to send you my money in about 10 days, sounds good? ;)

Hey all! :)

Kerrick said:
I'm just waiting for v6, personally.

Well the priority is to get this 4E pdf written (fingers crossed by the end of this week). Once thats done I will commission the art and should have time to finish v6 and hopefully get another pdf underway before I have to return to work in June.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Hey all! :)

Well the priority is to get this 4E pdf written (fingers crossed by the end of this week). Once thats done I will commission the art and should have time to finish v6 and hopefully get another pdf underway before I have to return to work in June.

I'm just waiting for the final 3.5 product (s) to be completed. It's been quite a long time. I have to confess that even I'm beginning to lose hope.

Hiya mate! :)

dante58701 said:
I'm just waiting for the final 3.5 product (s) to be completed. It's been quite a long time. I have to confess that even I'm beginning to lose hope.

You may not have been keeping up with the latest batch of news. The 4E GSL has been updated and means that I can work on 3.5E and 4E products simultaneously. That means Godsend wouldn't need to be my last 3.5E product. So I am going to make 4E products and then have them all converted to 3.5E.

Which means the next product is the heavily vampire related one (in 4E) with a conversion to 3.5E.

Remove ads