• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

immortals handbook

Chosen01

First Post
Hi, It's me again. I just thought that the Messiah should give the doubting Thomas’s (Serge & Selah) at Dicefreaks a visit (look in the Dicefreaks Iconic Characters thread in the Publishing Discussion forum):)

Chosen01 said:
Hi, It's me again.

Hiya mate! :)

Chosen01 said:
I just thought that the Messiah should give the doubting Thomas’s (Serge & Selah) at Dicefreaks a visit (look in the Dicefreaks Iconic Characters thread in the Publishing Discussion forum) :)

Okay, there is no 'Publishing Discussion Forum' and I can't find any thread called 'Dicefreaks Iconic Characters'.

So perhaps you would help me out with a link? :confused:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Hey UC, their is no user by the name dicefreak. So I can’t help on the link.

I’ve seen this thread many times now but I’ve never read through it all… Maybe sometime, but I think I’ll subscribe see if I get any juicy bits. :D

Golem2176

Banned
Banned
This thread is way too damn long to catch up on if you are a newbie to the topic. I have posted inthis thread twice before, but only asking if the book has been released yet. If is not too much trouble UK I would like to ask you to please summarize your project for myself and these newbies. I was also wondering if your Immortals Handbook is going to include info on your revised Challenge Ratings.

Chosen01

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hiya mate!
smile.gif
Hi Krust!
cool.gif

Okay, there is no 'Publishing Discussion Forum' and I can't find any thread called 'Dicefreaks Iconic Characters'.
Did you log in? It's right below the
Books, Films & Other Inspiration forum in the Dicefreaks D&D Discussion Forums section but It's not there if you didn't log in.

So perhaps you would help me out with a link?
confused.gif
The link might just take you to a log in page so I'll just copy paste this.

DEUS(me): I just thought that I should let the budding designers here know that the SRD is going to be updated this week to include material from the ELH - source
Serge: Thanks!
Selah: Hmmm...nothing about whether or not D&Dg is getting added yet. Poor U_K!
Serge: Something tells me we're never going to see that up... At least not in a format that's of any use.
Selah: I wonder whether that means that the IH will remain in limbo indefinitely or not...
Serge: Probably. In fact, I've not seen much of U_K in a while here or at WotC. Haven't checked EN World, though...

Last edited:

Chosen01

First Post
Golem2176 said:
This thread is way too damn long to catch up on if you are a newbie to the topic. I have posted inthis thread twice before, but only asking if the book has been released yet. If is not too much trouble UK I would like to ask you to please summarize your project for myself and these newbies. I was also wondering if your Immortals Handbook is going to include info on your revised Challenge Ratings.
This is an outdated FAQ by Krust but it should still answer some of your questions.

Immortals Handbook

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the Immortals Handbook?
A: The Immortals Handbook is a body of work that expands; explains and outlines all aspects of using deities within a campaign.

2. Is this a d20 product?
A: Yes. As well as presenting a plethora of new material it seeks to marry ideas from Deities & Demigods and the Epic Level Handbook.

3. Is this a standalone game?
A: No. It requires the Core Rulebooks and the Epic Level Handbook. Deities & Demigods is compatible but not necessary.

4. Who is publishing it?
A: The publisher will be announced after Deities & Demigods and the Epic Level Handbook are entered into the System Reference Document.

5. Will this be an electronic product, a print product or both?
A: Initially the book will be released as four electronic products (Apotheosis; Grimoire; Bestiary and Chronicle); which will then be conjoined as a print product.

6. Where should we expect to see it?
A: The pdf will be available from websites such as www.rpgnow.com

7. When should it be finished?
A: The first pdf should be available shortly after the SRD is updated.

8. Why has it taken so long?
A: Aside from multiple expansions and numerous revisions throughout its inception it was decided last year that the work, which was already compatible with the core rulebooks would benefit a greater audience if it was fully compatible with Deities & Demigods and the Epic Level Handbook. As such we have been forced to wait until this material entered the SRD, though during this time the work has been further developed and refined.

9. I’ve played in immortal campaigns before (Amber RPG; D&D Immortals; Primal Order) - how is this different, or better?
A: The key difference between this work and previous material on the subject is that the focus is not solely on the gods themselves, but rather, the relationship between mortals and immortals.

10. I don’t really want to run an immortal campaign - why should the Immortals Handbook interest me?
A: Firstly, the bulk of the material could just as easily bless any Epic campaign. Non-epic campaigns will also find a wealth of ideas helping them develop their worlds religions from both divine and mundane perspectives.

11. I’ve heard you are making some changes to the core rules just what are they and why are you making them?
A: The only major change to the core rules are revisions to the Challenge Rating/Encounter Level Rules.
Some of the dynamics of divinity itself have been changed, and a number of divine abilities have been redressed from how Deities & Demigods presents them.

12. Are the changes optional or required?
A: The changes are optional, but strongly advocated.

13. What support can we expect in the future?
A: There is already a wealth of support material planned; some already underway in fact. However, at this juncture it wouldn’t be prudent to reveal its exact composition.

14. What are your main inspirations/sources?
A: Primarily religion; mythology and the occult. Though certainly comic books; fantasy literature; movies and roleplaying games have also proved inspirational.

15. Shouldn’t gods be beyond stats?
A: If the Gamesmaster so wishes. However many Gamesmasters prefer to use deities in a more physical (rather than ephemeral) capacity.

16. Is the system modular, if so, to what degree?
A: Practically the entire body of work is modular.

17. Will it be easy to incorporate into an existing campaign?
A: Yes, with minimal effort.

18. Do you have methods to convert existing gods from my campaign to fit your new and expanded rules?
A: Yes, however to avoid copyright issues I must be circumspect in how I outline such conversion.

19. I have heard about some weird stuff like Cosmic Abilities and Esoteric Divine Abilities, what are those and are they easy to add to existing gods?
A: Cosmic Abilities are the powers attributed to Sidereals (also know as Cosmic or Over-deities) who could be described as the gods of the gods.
The term Esoteric is applied as a prefix to abilities beyond the power of deities to manifest in and of their own power. Immortals who gain Cosmic Abilities do so through esoteric means.

-------

You know Krust, word of mouth is good but the IH still needs a website.

Hi Brother Shatterstone! :)

Brother Shatterstone said:
Hey UC, their is no user by the name dicefreak. So I can’t help on the link.

I think he meant the Dicefreaks website mate. But thanks for the help anyway. :)

I’ve seen this thread many times now but I’ve never read through it all…

Its getting a bit unwieldy...again. I thought by now I would have had the website finished which is why I wasn't in a hurry to start a new thread.

Maybe sometime, but I think I’ll subscribe see if I get any juicy bits. :D

Well if you have any questions I am only too happy to answer them...as long as the question isn't 'when is it finished?' :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads