Important EN World issue! (Morrus is going to GenCon!!) [Thanks everyone! -Morrus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeph

Explorer
Damn, I so hate being a Dependant. Could you guys hold on until I'm 18? I'll have full controll over my account once I'm out of highschool. That' only, like, uh, 3.13 years.

On second thought, that might not be so efficient. Ah, well. I'm counting days. :D

-Jeff S.

Sniktch

First Post
Looks like Maldur was right; Pirate cat is a natural at this :D

Looks like we're doing good and should meet our goal, but if you fall short e-mail me and I'll see if I can't scrape together another donation (I'll threaten my players until they chip in :D)

Hmm. I originally wasn't to donate per se (I write stuff for Nat20, so I've already helped pay Russ in a way), but I'm reminded of a story at GenCon last year. In an attempt to locate me and Jessica, Russ attempted to use the American pay phone service for the first time, trying to call my then-girlfriend Jessica's cel phone.

Meanwhile, Jessie and I are waiting in the lobby of Russ's hotel, hoping he'll show up. I'm about to go page him when Jessie's phone ring. She picks up and:

Jessica: "Hello? Morrus?"

Operator: "Yes, I'm connecting a call for you. One moment please."

British voice, completely bewildered: "So I put the coins in now?"

Operator: "Yes, please deposit four dollars and eighty-five cents."

Jessica: "Morrus?"

Another voice in the background (Eric Noah, I think), helping Russ count out 19 quarters: "No, these ones. . . . Yeah, and then those, and now the dime."

Operator: "Alright, you're connected. Have a nice day."

Jessica: "Morrus?"

British voice: "Hello, please tell me this is Ryan's girlfriend. I just paid five dollars to make this phone call."

It turns out he was like two minutes away, and when I finally got to meet him, I asked him to sign my guest book, sort of as a memento. He signed:

"You owe me $4.85. -Russ"

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Ok, damn, I was not expecting a response like this, but I like it. Keep up the great work people. As one other mentioned, let me know if we fall short Piratecat as I will happily contribute some more.

And bump.

Airwolf

First Post
Piratecat said:
People who have donated so far include:

Airwolf

Thanks, everyone!

Wow, I made someone's list and the list doesn't start with the word S:):)t.

I'll double check my budget to see if I can spare a few more for the cause.

I'm in. Its great to see a turnout like this. Especially from us lurkers (emergent, you beat me to it). Hope to get a chance to meet some of you guys at GenCon, and hopefully be able to personally thank Morrus for making the work day go by much faster!

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I donated 10 Euros through Maldur (who probably made one single donation through his paypal account).

Maldur, the 8 euros for the food in the pub will be coming your way tomorrow, I should still have your bank details.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've added Aravis, Emergent and Ravellion, as well as FastLearner, Skarp Hedlin, Kesho, Cthulhu's Librarian, Guillaume and Julie. Also an address request from three more people.

Whoo hoo!

So people know: We should have his flight and hotel covered at this point. Now we're covering food and travel expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads