• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC

OutlawJT

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm on my third attempt to download Open Office so I can read the map now. First two times the file was corrupted somehow even though it's from the main site. Anyone know another site I can download it from if this third try doesn't work either? Only other one I found requires a registration fee for the site.[/sblock]

OutlawJT

First Post
"They weren't here last time," Jaden replies wryly to his friend while sliding between the drakes to distract them from his friend.

Seeing how they were positioned Jaden could see that the quickest way to end this was to put himself at the greatest risk. With calculated precision he swung his blade about just catching the drake along the back wall in the shoulder. As the blade sliced into it's scaly hide it left the opening he was hoping to purchase for his dexterous friend.

"Get behind it Corbin. Quickly! We'll take it down much faster working at it together!" Jaden nodded at the space behind the drake his blade was keeping occupied.

[sblock=OOC & crunch]
OOC: Jaden shifted 1 square to J4 and then attacked guard drake 1 at square I4 with covering strike. On a successful hit the attack does 16 damage and allows Corbin to shift 2 squares. Jaden is asking/indicating Corbin should use this to shift to H4 to take up a flanking position. And oh crap is this gonna hurt when these two things hit me. Oh, and I mark guard drake 1 at I4 with my Combat Challenge.

Covering Attack vs GD1 (1d20 7=15)
Damage vs GD1 (2d10 3=16)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Following his friends advice, Corbin nods to Jaden and nimbly slides past the distracted drake into a more advantageous position.

[sblock=ooc]
Shift to H4
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
23 Corbin <--starting here
13 Needlefang Drake Swarm
--Guard Drake <-- ending here
11 Akhara
10 Bheazir
8 Galdr
4 Jaden

Standing shoulder to shoulder with his halfling companion, Corbin brutally stabs the guard drake as it rushes towards him and Jaden. "Oi, you coulda given me a heads up Jaden." Corbin whispers to Jaden as he hopes they can end this quickly to avoid onlookers.

Bheazir and Gladr see the door of the cabin open, and a swarm of very small reptiles spills out, moving around the house after Akhara. They attack the dragonborn from behind and pull him to the ground with the sheer weight of their numbers (Akhara is knocked prone).

The two guard drakes then attack, one going after Corbin and the after attacking Jaden. Corbin manages to deftly avoid the sharp teeth, but Jaden receives a deep gash on his leg (18 damage).

[sblock=Renau1g] I kept the crit, for 11 damage, but we will use the same approach in future situations. If an attack is invalidated, the attack roll will be used for your next attack, whenever that occurs. [/sblock]

Akhara 25/25 Prone
Bheazir 32/32
Corbin 25/25
Galdr 21/21
Jaden 11/29 Bloodied

OOC: If anyone wants to adjust their actions due to the new developments, go ahead. You probably all know that swarms tend to attack anyone who starts their turn in range.

Attachments

• Skravress' house.xls
    19 KB · Views: 123

Zweischneid

First Post
Hearing the painful outcry of Jaden as the Guard Drake tears into him, as well as seeing the way blocked by the swarm of tiny creatures, Bheazir does not hestite to charge right through the Bloodscale's cottage, crashing through the window to asssist the embattled Halflings.

"Don't let that Drake get to you Jaden! His bark's worse than his bite."

[sblock]
Alright.. time for the crazy stunt! If that's not working.. well, I dunno.

(minor action)
ready weapons

(move action)
run (speed +2, Bheazir grants combat advantage) 5 sq. straight into the house and two sq. diagonal to I6.

--- Use Action Point ---

(extra action)
smash/jump/crash through the window to J6 ().. Athletics to smash through that window? Athletics (trained) to smash through that Window (1d20+8=21)

(standard action)
Use inspiring word on Jaden, meaning he can spend a healing surge + 1d6 hp.
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
I think the atheletics check would be your standard action for your normal turn, then the action point would allow you to use Inspiring Word (which is only a minor action, but with an AP, you only get one action regardless).

Go ahead and roll the 1d6 for the extra healing.

renau1g

First Post
Seeing the blood pouring from the deep gash in Jaden's leg, Corbin knows the other halfling won't last much longer without some help. Flipping the dagger into his left hand, the halfling reaches into his pack with blinding speed and fires out a pair of shurikens before the guard drakes can react.

Leaving the enemies clearing the blood from their eyes, Corbin rushes over to take advantage of better positioning in this combat.

[sblock=Redclaw]
Sounds good, I wouldn't expect anything else :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Standard - Use Blinding Barrage
Blinding Barrage Attack; Damage (1d20+7=11, 2d6+4=11, 1d20+7=23, 2d6+4=9)
Move - Move to K5 - provokes OA from GD1

Hit Points: 25 (bloodied: 13)

AC: 16 (21 vs. Opportunity Attacks)
Fort: 11
Ref: 16
Will: 13

[/sblock]

Last edited:

OutlawJT

First Post
OOC: I stand by my original plan of action with one exception. I don't shift (stay at K3) and change the target of my attack to GD2 (so it is marked instead of GD1) and pray only the marked one attacks me. Corbin needs to flank and Jaden is the halfling to set it up for him. Jaden will now be indicating Corbin should shift to K5 instead of H4 as a result of his Covering Strike attack. As a point of interest for future encounters, I believe acrobatic stunt is intended to incorporate tumbling. It just leaves the DC open and flexible so the DM can decide how difficult the stated action is to accomplish. The Tumble power I think was created so the rogue can tumble without having to make the check in the face of a particularly challenging tumble attempt (like tumbling through a crowd of enemies or past a larger opponent with multiple natural attacks to set up a flank). It's up to Redclaw how he interprets the RAW but I thought I should voice my two cents since he hasn't answered Renau yet on the issue. I hope he agrees with me but if not, you don't lose anything you thought you had I guess.

Remove ads