• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In New Orleans.....can Anyone Help?

johncolossus

First Post
I am visiting New Orleans from the UK on a work conference and was after you guys help. If any of you know, do you where you can buy D20 books from in New Orleans? You have stuff available before us in the UK so I thought I could get ahead of the game. I am staying in Central Business District and know some of the geography around there.....but obviously there are maps. Thanks alot if you can help.

Well, I can't give accurate directions at all, but I know the big mall downtown has a bookstore that should carry at least some D&D stuff. Maybe nothing d20, but if you want WotC stuff, you ought to be able to find it.

Oh, and watch out for ghosts and such. I was there two years ago, and we were on the run from this crazy ghost who wanted to kill us so we wouldn't reveal that we knew who he was and what his plan was. Thankfully we got the help of a local vampire hunter, who pointed us in the direction of an old, abandoned house, where we fought a bunch of people mind-controlled by a telepath, and eventually figured out how we'd be able to stop the big bad ghost.

Shadow64

Before I moved a few months ago I grabbed a good deal of my book at a place called Galactic Games in Metarie. I don't know where you are staying in New Orleans, but here is a link to a map and the phone number to the place:

Galactic Games Emporium Inc
3544 W Esplanade Ave N, Metairie, LA 70002
Phone: (504) 885-4263

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt....075119&cs=4&fb=1&stat=:pos:0:fb:regT:1:fbT:1

You could also try the various Barnes and Nobles and Borders going up Veterens Blvd. But if you want a game shop check out Galactic.

EDIT - URL tag wasn't functioning right, just select that huge chunk o' text and copy it.

Last edited:

GBDeluxe

First Post
other places...

Yeah I buy almost all my Books from Galatic Games too... but if you in the city... you might wanna try this place too:

Hub Hobby
2618 S Broad St
New Olreans, 70125
(504) 822 3914

they have their own little niche and it's a pretty cool place
lots of modles and stuff. I get my model trees and grass for minis and stuff here

minor interest:
if you into comics and cool other indie things

Cresent City Comics
6111 Elysian Fields
New Orleans, 70122
(504) 286 0039

other place in metarie to try is

BSI Comics
3030 Severn AV
Metarie
(504) 885 5250

That about sums most of it up. But if you can only hit one place.. Galactic is the place to go

GBDeluxe

Sparrowhawk

First Post
Some words from a local

I get most of my game stuff from Galactic Games and from a little place called Gamers Matrix. But these stores are in Metairie, and I don't know if johncolossus wants to drive all the way out to the suburbs.

I don't know of any place to get game books and supplies downtown. The big Bookstar store in the French Quarter didn't have any game stuff when I was there last week. Virgin Megastore had two copies of BoVD (in a seemingly random spot of their books section) but no other RPG books that I could see.

If you decide to go to the 'burbs, I'd recommend Galactic Games as it has the biggest inventory. The big bookstores also have some RPG stuff. (Tangent: sometimes they have stuff the specialty stores don't. I got my copy of Adventure! from Borders; I never saw a copy in a game shop. I also found Bad Axe Games' book about dwarves in the Esplanade mall Waldenbooks, and Galactic Games didn't have it when I visited them the next day!) I must warn you, however, that traffic on the I-10 and in Metairie have been bad recently because they are doing a lot of road work. Just avoid driving at peak hours and you should be fine.

ThomasBJJ

First Post
Cresent City Comics
6111 Elysian Fields
New Orleans, 70122
(504) 286 0039

Has a reasonable selection of new release D20. There are several Barnes & Noble bookstores nearby as well that had a few things D20

johncolossus

First Post
THanks to you guys for answering. Unfortunately the 'Burbs was too far to go and time wise could not get to the comics shop. I tried Virgin megastore but again could not find the BOVD. My last trip today before I fly home will be to Waldenbooks in Poydras street......it was worth a shot.

However, loved New Orleans ...so you guys who live here....wow! Bourbon street certainly a happening place. Definitely a place I would like to revisit. Only problem was the very oppressive humidity....Anyone else thinking of coming here, only two words....DO IT.
Thanks again for your advice

Remove ads