• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Middle of...Somewhere

EvolutionKB

First Post
Victor

Victor must slow his pace to make sure that the others can keep up with his lengthy stride. "Yes more survivors I would hope." Hoping that his large form is easily visible, Victor raises his arm in greeting. "Hail!"

[sblock=ooc]I believe it is nevertheless[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the manacles come free, Jan rubs his wrists. The area beneath is even lighter that then boy's already fair skin, suggesting a constant application. After a moment of dumbfound shock, the book looks up an smiles widely.

"Th-thanks, stranger!"

EvolutionKB said:
Victor must slow his pace to make sure that the others can keep up with his lengthy stride. "Yes more survivors I would hope." Hoping that his large form is easily visible, Victor raises his arm in greeting. "Hail!"
The boy starts and cringes at the sudden call. When the voice does not raise itself in anger, he carefully turns toward, unconciously taking a step nearer his rescuer. Even when 'freed,' Jan felt the need for protection, even from a benevolent stranger.

In a low whisper, the boy asks, "Who are they? Do you kn-know them?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well met fellow shipwrecked, are you in one pice?" Bonamius asks, when he is about 2 meters from Jan and Yarra. He looks respectively one and the other. Seen the boy in fear, he forced an hypocrit smile, as he do so often. "Easy boy, we are not to be feared, as you can see we are all in the same situation." the warlock says, while he looks the surroundings. "Now, I am Bonamius. Here next to me is Victor and... what was your name? I think I didn't hear it" asks the dark chainshirt man to Slim.

Legildur

First Post
"Haven't got a clue," Yarra replies as he looks up from repacking his tools. He finishes packing the leather roll as the the other four arrive.

Standing up he wipes his hands on his breeches. "Yarra," he says simply to the newcomers, not adding anything further.

Valmun is rather amused by the sorry gaggle of survivors. His amusement becomes a chuckle when he considers how much that particular label applies to him, as much as any of the rest. He ambles over to the group, and squats on the sand, just watching everyone, that faintly amused look remaining on his features.

ethandrew

First Post
As his senses are heightened internally, his environment becomes apparent to him more so than before; the casual rhythmic beating of the waves cascading against the sand, the perpetual wind whistling as it wends its whispered way between the boughs of the island, the ragged breath of the other five men as they stave off exhaustion and uncertainty.

Slim looks around at all assembled, reserving a hard stare for the dark haired squatter before he bows extravagantly in the sand, "Well met, good sirs. Having scoured the beach far and lo, chance has brought us six men together. It seems no other landlubbers dared to make the treacherous swim to this lush island of ours, leaving us quite to ourselves. No threat is imminent other than nature and its ilk, and so my altitudinous friend and I have deduced it most beneficial should we seek shelter. If one would prefer scour the shore once more for any ill-fated goods or bodies to loot, I would understand, but as chance brought us together, I fear it would be foolish to blatantly scorn it by separating ourselves. Ergo we should stay together, use our numbers as assets, combining strengths, eliminating weaknesses. Take my lofty friend and I, he reaches those hard to get spots, I get those low ones his back loathes to bend for, so as such, the six of us should humor chance for rescuing us off that boat and landing us here together. So, to shelter? Introductions can be made on the way, or if the more formal of our numbers would rather, a quick greeting could be performed before the onset of our next leg."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Although you didn't tell me your name, you speak with true. Indeed we need shelter, one never knows what danger can be upon us at night. A bonefire will be usefull too. Lets gather some wood frome the shore before venturing, it will dry out as we walk." Bonamius suggest

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The young man---still mostly a boy---looked lost at the situation. Not on the point of breaking down, but it was beyond him. Fight, wait. Fight, wait. That was---had---been his life for so long, to do anything different would take practice.

The elven silks he was forced to wear breathed well, but Jan was not used to being outside. The light was a bit much for him. He heard the others ask for names. No one had asked for his in a long time.

"J-Jan."

That is all he volunteers. The boy obviously has no idea how to proceed.

ethandrew

First Post
"Pleasure to meet you Jan, I am Slim. Well, I should say my name is Slim, but yes, I am skinny too. Just relax and take a deep breath. This ocean air will help calm you."

Turning to Bonamius, Slim winks, "Your name is quite the mouthful, mind if we just call you Bonnie? Surely I jest! Might be a fire is too risky tonight, I still have a fear in the back of my mind whomever attacked will be looking to finish off the survivors. A fire would reveal us."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Bonamius thinks for a while, then he speaks: "No and yes. Yes, a fire could reveal our presence, I didn't notice that. What do you sugest we do to keep wild animals away when darkness blind our eyes?". The warlock pauses for a little while, then continues "And No, my name is Bonamius, not Bonni, you can call me by my last name, Alikan, if that better suit you. A simple 'Warlock' should do the trick"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads