• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

johnsemlak

First Post
Timur Yamaltin Rogue1

Phew! I I've probably been to every toilet in every seedy tavern in Hajavik and many other places, but I've never ecountered such a foul-smalling hole. What in tarnation were these accursed beasts doing here?

This place reeks of evil doings, my lads.

Last edited:

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

Barri Ironhand_"Aye, Timur, these beasts mark this hut like wolves; scavenging I'd wager, though they found only their deaths in the bargain."

Barri kicks a bit of debris out of his way, having nearly stumbled over the ruined form of an old chair, he looks over to where Quazeem is examining a few persoanl effects.

"So Dolem man, the witch Rava Sihn is gone on to the Mother, by who's hands though we can not say. Where will your wanderings lead us now?"

Hearing William's comments about the blades Barri snorts as he leaves the shack and steps into the yard, "Bah, Groylkyn don't have magic boy. They just have hunger and a foul disposition to boot. They're no more capable of magic than fomorii. Timur, your people are hjalmar, tell him."

OOC_Timur probably knows a bit about the Groylkyn, check out the info in the OOC thread and role-play accordingly

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1 and Nevermore, Raven Familiar

"I didn't say that the Groylkins had anything to do with it, I just said the weapons had magic of some sort in them. Magesight doesn't lie."

"At least I don't think it does. Nevermore, is magesight wrong sometimes?"

"No, the only things that could alter magic vision is other magic. If you see something with your magesight, then the magic is there."

"As to where the magic came from is the question we should be asking. Perhaps it came from the witch and the Groylkins looted them from her. Or perhaps they recieved the blades by someone who wanted the witch killed. Either way I doubt we will find more clues here. There is a possibility that someone in the village will know their make, however. I would recommend asking there."

johnsemlak

First Post
Timur Rogue1

I do not know that the Groyklin use magic, but they are a strange and confusing race, and who know's what evil force is using these creatures to their own end?

Timur goes to examine the body of the woman, and tries to determine the cause of her injuries

These beasts are known to be cannibals, savage animals, that much I know.

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

Quazeem, responding to Barri: Good question, Northman. All I can hope for is that there will be some clue here regarding my uncle. A fool's hope maybe, but its all I have.

For now, I suggest we look into the death of this wise woman, if indeed that is who this poor corpse is. I am intrigued by the enchanted weapons. It does seem odd that each of these savages would be armed with any type of enchantment. I suspect a guiding hand behind their actions.

Quazeem will examine the currency, attempting a knowledge, geography check to see if he can determine where the currency is from (know, geography, +7).

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

Timur searches over the body of the witch Rava Sihn. It is an unpleasant task, but a necessary one. Clearly she was brutalized by a number of bludgeoning attacks as her body is riddled with deep bruises. There is also a deep wound just above the left clavicle where a slashing weapon delivered what must have been a killing blow. It appears that the head was removed after combat as the wound is very clean. A quick jaunt back into the shack, followed by a search of the area where the body was lying revals a large gash in the floor. Likely this is the evidence of the beheading. Embedded in that long scar on the floor is the smallest bit of flint.

OOC_Joinkys Scooby a clue ;) Seriously though, the party is only a mere 5 minutes or so after combat. It would take some time to "Greyhawk" the shack to see if the previous "searchers" had missed anything.

Quazeem handles the coins briefly, examining the mint. They are not particularly old, but the mark of Malog is upon them. These coins will not trade well here in the Hjalmar lands, but other folk in Necrovidia will readily accept them. The coin is very pure, a twisted paradox given the malice in the hearts of those that created them.

johnsemlak

First Post
Timur Rogue1

Timur gasps as he analyzes the mutilated body of the witch.

He points to her clavicle and says: Looksy here, here's what did her in.

Timur stands up, takes time to concentrate in the disgusting shack, and begins a proper search, looking for any mroe clues of this mysterious events. Aloud, to himself but audibly, Timur wonders how a witch who mastered the arcane arts would have allowed herself to be overcome by these animals.

Vargo

First Post
Argento, Human Ftr 1

Argento picks up one of the swords. Turning to William, he says "Perhaps the swords will give us a clue towards where they came from. I do have some skill as a smith, perhaps I might spot something in the make that would give us a better idea of where they came from." He takes some time, and inspects a sword for any sign of where the sword might have come from.

OOC: Craft (Weaponsmithing) check

scadgrad

First Post
Argento_ The swords are very well crafted, in fact, you don't recall seeing flint so well rendered. To your skilled eyes they seem unusually hard and resistent to chipping. Either the smith who made them had a source of unusually high quality flint, or the enchantment that William has detected is the source for this unusual resiliency.

Timur_ I would assume that others will pitch in to help you as you begin a metciulous search of the dwelling. After 45 minutes have elapsed you find signs on the outside of the side shudder, that someone had deftly "worked" the locking mechanism rendering it useless. A secret stash of elixirs is discovered as well. There are 4 identical ceramic vials and 2 of slightly different design.

ferretguy

First Post
Jackson 1st level Human fighter

Helping the rest with the search, Jackson also looks at the blades handled by the Grolkin. Well, don't know much about these blades or Grolkin...but these critters are either getting better orginized or they've got some help. Whole group of these critters with magic weapons speaks ill for the rest of this area.

Remove ads