• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

Quazeem sets out to help search the room. He is particularly concerned with finding any written documents, perhaps a book or scroll. I am hoping there may be some type of journal that may have written record of his Uncle.

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

Try as he might, Quazeem finds nothing of value, no written records, no notes, dairy,few if any herbs, reagents or the like that one would expect to find in a witch's abode. The place has been carefully looted inspite of its messy appearance.

Barri looks at Jackson and nods"Perhaps the magic of the blades aided them in slaying this woman and have no other effect." He pokes at one of the bodies of the fallen Groylkyn w/ his axe, "these fell easy enough to our blades and William's sorcery. I would think that travelers in the area if lightly armed might be vulnerable though." The Northman w/ the braided locks removes his helm, wiping the sweat from his brow he looks over to the rotting bodies of the villagers. A few of the boldest crows have returned to their feast. "For carnivores, they seemed to have left a great deal of meat on the ground." Turning to Timur, Barri querries "Why would they have left these to the birds and worms?"

johnsemlak

First Post
Timur Rogue 1

Timur nods to Barri

True, 'dat is a mystery.

These beasts must have been under someone's orders.

Last edited:

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

per Scadgrad: "Quazeem handles the coins briefly, examining the mint. They are not particularly old, but the mark of Malog is upon them. These coins will not trade well here in the Hjalmar lands, but other folk in Necrovidia will readily accept them. The coin is very pure, a twisted paradox given the malice in the hearts of those that created them."

Perhaps we should look to the lands of Necrovidia for the person behind these Groylkins. Or maybe someone recently returned from traveling in those lands. It seems the purpose of these creatures was to kill this woman and then remain and attack any who sought her out. It would also appear that someone has taken the woman's head, perhaps as a trophy, but I would suspect more likely to serve as proof that the deed was done.

When the rest of you were in the village, did anyone note any recent travelers from Necrovidia?

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

purple knight said:
per Scadgrad: "Quazeem handles the coins briefly, examining the mint. They are not particularly old, but the mark of Malog is upon them. These coins will not trade well here in the Hjalmar lands, but other folk in Necrovidia will readily accept them. The coin is very pure, a twisted paradox given the malice in the hearts of those that created them."

Perhaps we should look to the lands of Necrovidia for the person behind these Groylkins. Or maybe someone recently returned from traveling in those lands. It seems the purpose of these creatures was to kill this woman and then remain and attack any who sought her out. It would also appear that someone has taken the woman's head, perhaps as a trophy, but I would suspect more likely to serve as proof that the deed was done.

When the rest of you were in the village, did anyone note any recent travelers from Necrovidia?

OOC_I believe the good Quazeem has mispoke himself as the party is currently IN Necrovidia. I believe you mean Malog. What I meant about "other folk in Necrovidia" is that in the Hudan-controled ports along the coast, or in the Balduin-controled grasslands that lie to the east.

Assuming that...

No, no sign of travelers from the East has been seen. Not surprising given that both parties (remember that originally, the group arrived in this area in 2 separate groups) moved into this are from the northern coast which is controled by the Hudan. The Hudan do not get along w/ the Balduin at all, and since most Mhalogei are very similar in appearance to their Balduin cousins, it's unlikely their presence would be missed, at least not by Barri.

William_Quite likely several days, but surprisingly the corpses in the yard look to be far more decayed. Perhaps being outdoors caused the bodies to rot quicker, though one or two on the side, near the window have been almost entirely consumed by scavengers.

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

Quazeem: I realize we do not have a woodsman among us, but perhaps we should search the surrounding area, just in case there is anything important. There may be other bodies, after all.

If we don't find anything, then I suppose we should return to town. I, for one, intend to investigate this murder. This lady had information that is important to me, and it is possible that the killer made off with something that may have the information I seek.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1 and Nevermore, Raven Familiar

"I agree with Quazeem. Let's check the woods out quickly and then head to town. It seems the most likely place to have any clues."

Remove ads