In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

OOC: Okay, lets move with spiral search pattern delta-one.

Quazeem: Thanks, William. Lets start by trying to find any other paths leading out of this clearing. Even a game trail may be important, so keep a sharp eye out.

Saying this, Quazeem begins to search around the clearing. Search +1/Spot +6.

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

OOC_Spiral Search Pattern Delta 1 LMAO!!!

After searching the area for aproximately thirty minutes or so, the group does indeed stumble across a worn trail. It seems to head in the same general direction, as the path that you followed from the village (ie to the west).

ferretguy

First Post
Jackson Level 1 fighter

Sighting down the rough hewn path through the forest, Jackson starts down The best way to find out my friends, is to travel upon it...

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1 and Nevermore, Raven Familiar

William starts to follow the others walking down the trail.

"I just hope we don't run into any more baddies. I've already used up my powerful spells for the day."

"You have not yet seen your true power William. In time you will be able to cast spells that will slay scores of such minor pests at once. When you have gained the ability to destroy a city with a thought, then you will have gained your legacy. For now you may practice such minor cantrips, but in time..."

Nevermore continues preaching the virtues of William's sorcery as they walk. William, having heard it all many times before, ignores the bird and keeps his attention on the path, looking for anything unusual.

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

The party moves into the woods following the well-worn game trail. I would assume that the party will adopt the same marching order as before:

Jackson
Argento
Scathach
William
Timur
Quazeem
Barri

The woods are heavy here. Thick stands of hemlock and spruce dominate the forest rising high into the air. There are occasional hardwoods as well, masive oaks and robust maples stand among the other giant trees. You've walked cautously for some time now, perhaps half an hour, searching the trail as you move along. You continue to walk and soon hear the sound of running water, perhaps the spring that you had heard about. Here along the trail, you notice strange clumps of scarlet mushrooms that dot the forest floor. You hear a sound that reminds you of the sound of laughter, as if a group of young girls were sharing a bit of gossip somewhere nearby.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1 and Nevermore, Raven Familiar

William stops when he hears the laughter. He whispers to the others

"Hold on you guys, someones up ahead. Nevermore, go check it out."

Nevermore takes wing and goes to see who the voices up ahead belong to.

Vargo

First Post
Argento, Human Ftr 1

"Someone, or something..." mutters Argento. "This place has the smell of feyish mischief to me."

He keeps his chain at the ready, but not obviously so.

ferretguy

First Post
Jackson 1st Level fighter

Noting the sound of laughter, Jackson does keep an eye out for where the girlish sounds of merryment are coming from. " I know nothing of the fey...but a little laughter never hurt anyone, perhaps they take amusement of our lack of woodcraft..."

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

Aye, but more likely they laugh at our lack thereof. Does anyone know what these strange mushrooms are? We do not have such forests in my homeland and I am a bit out of my element here.

William, have a care sending your bird off into danger so readily.

Remove ads