In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

scadgrad

First Post
OOC_Actually, Barri as a Brb has max ranks in survival. It's not exactly the same as Tracking, but IMO makes him at the very least competent in a woodland setting. Overall though the backtrack should be less risky I suppose.

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

OOC: You know me, Tony, forward is always better than backwards.

Quazeem: If you feel confident in your ability to lead us through the woods, Northman, I would be willing to follow.

ferretguy

First Post
His head swimming and sore from the lucky blow, Jackson will just do his best to keep up. Thinking to himself Hmm, I knew I had the better of that fey, Perhaps one day I will get a rematch and the end will be different....perhaps I should of struck lower...

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

Barri is as good as his word and in spite of his size, he makes his way through the woodlands with relative ease. In a short time, the party passes over the rushing stream that fills the faerie pool just a few hundred yards downstream. Hopping over a few rocks and at the last, wading through the shallow currents, you find yourselves on the other side. The hidden path is soon picked up again and after about a mile, it joins up with the original path that first led you away from the village of Abjanzl.

Another hour or so down this path, taking your time to help the injured Jackson (now at 4 HPs having recovered a bit from the duel) you arrive at the ruins of the old keep. It is a crumbled-down affair. Once a tall, round structure with thick stone walls, it still stands, but only just. A small stone fence, perhaps the remnents of a tall wall encircles the structure. The forest is relatively light here, but the ground is well trodden.

Making a quick, yet cautious circuit around the ruins satisfies you that at least the grounds appear unoccupied. The hudan warrior glares around at a few flattened areas in the leaves. Sqautting down he casually picks up a few of the long pine needles that carpet the ground.

"A large host camped here recently. How many and what they were I can not say, but there appears to be scores of these bedding areas. Perhaps a hundred or more."

Do you want to search the area around the low wall, or move directly into the remains of the tower?

OOC_I'll get a new map of the ruined tower & grounds up in just a bit.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1 and Nevermore, Raven Familiar

William watches as the barbarian points out the bedding areas.

"A hundred! We're going to have to be careful, if these creatures are hostile and still nearby we'll be crushed. Nevermore, check out the area and make sure we're alone while we search the ruins."

Nevermore grumbles a bit but nonetheless goes off once more on a scouting mission. William begins searching the area outside, looking for more clues about those that stayed here.

scadgrad

First Post
After searching around the perimeter of the ruined stone wall, the sharp eyes of Timur and Barri yield numerous clues. Several bits of matted grey fur are found as well as gnawed bones and bits of napped flint. There really isn't a tracker in the party, but the clues would suggest that a large company of Grolkyn recently camped here. You find nothing else in your search around the exterior of the wall.

Jackson gains another HP back bringing him up to 5HP now.

Nevermore circles the clearing, returns to William's shoulder and announces that he see no immediate threat in the area. Perhaps the groylkyn have moved on.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1

"Nevermore says there aren't any Groylkin in the area. With any luck they'll have moved on and left enough of a trail for us to follow in the morning. If we really want to follow a force of a hundred Groylkin that is."

johnsemlak

First Post
Timur Human Rogue

OOC: Doe the ruins have any entrances, or are they so ruined that an entrance is not really an issue? How large is it in diameter?

Last edited:

Remove ads