In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

My apologies, William.

I suggest we return to the trail and continue up it a bit, I am curious as where the trail goes to, after all.

Drakknyte32

First Post
"If the rest of you want to we can go on but I would prefer having a chance to rest. I've used up most of my spells for the day and I feel vulnerable without them. A couple of you look slightly the worse for wear as well."

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

I don't think it a good idea to camp here so close to this group of Fey. I find thier rampant immorality distasteful and do not feel it would be particularly safe to stay near them. Likewise, I don't think anyone would relish staying in the Witch's cabin having been so fouled by the Groylkn. Lets move just a bit further up the trail and perhaps look for a suitable camping area, and pray that there is no rain.

OOC: Quazeem's camping gear consists of a blanket, a bedroll, flint and steel, his traveler's clothing, and 2 days iron rations. I am not sure how the rest of the party is equipped for an overnight stay in the woods.

Vargo

First Post
Argento, Human Ftr 1

"I, too, do not think it would be safe to camp too close to the fey either. I'm a little worried about our wounds as well, but I'm also worried that we'll lose the trail of the Groklyn if we stray too far..."

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1 and Nevermore, Raven Familiar

OOC: William has a bedroll, field rations, and a waterskin. Not the best camping gear. How far are we from the village?

"I don't want to lose the trail either but it won't do us much good if we stumble onto the groylkin and are too worn out to fight. If it would help any I could get Nevermore to fly ahead and keep looking while we rest. He might grumble alot about doing it but he would do it. And flying he could cover a lot more ground then we could."

scadgrad

First Post
DM_Catching everyone up...

OOC_So, the party is somewhat "chewed up" and I'm suspecting that y'all would like to rest. Given that, here's a simple map. It would take maybe 6 hours total to hike back through the woods to Abjanzl (moving back toward the west on the brown path, remember, you're a bit slowed w/ Jackson). Another option would be to push on toward the ruined tower/keep. Decide where you want to camp & I'll pick the story up there.

Attachments

• QukMap1.gif
    QukMap1.gif
    71.6 KB · Views: 67

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

I didn't think it appropriate to show the ruined keep on the map since you have not been there yet. Presumably, the original path (the one you turned off from to walk a hundred yards or so & get to the witch's former abode) would have led you across a spring and then eventually to the ruined tower. Given the original description from the villagers & the hardship of carrying Jackson (who's still quite groggy), it might take you another 2 hours or so. That's considering a backtrack to get to the original path, and then moving on to the east toward the tower. Another option might be to follow the "woodland trail" that your now on by way of circling around the fey-haunted pool and presumably picking up the trail again on the other side.

Unless I hear an objection (and I'll wait a bit), the party will backtrack & then head back to the east on the original path w/ the hopes of finding the ruined tower.

Remove ads