In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

Drakknyte32

First Post
William sits back and watches. He'd like to help out somehow, but his one defensive spell had already been used up for the day. Instead he casts the detect magic cantrip to see if any of the creatures had magic.

Spells:
3/0

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
As the arrow passes by Jackson he jumps aside "What In Hell?????" taking a side stance to keep his opponent in view and to see where the arrow came from...

OOC: What are you doing Johnsemlak??

johnsemlak

First Post
ferretguy said:
As the arrow passes by Jackson he jumps aside "What In Hell?????" taking a side stance to keep his opponent in view and to see where the arrow came from...

OOC: What are you doing Johnsemlak??
OOC: Doh! I'm sorry, I misread the situation above, my bad. The talk above about initiative, current hps, etc. put me in a much more combat mode

DM, may I alter my action above to say that Timur watches Jackson and the faun cautiously and suspiciously (he doen'st like these fey creatures).

Again, DM and Ferretguy, I apologize for the mis-RPing.

scadgrad

First Post
OOC_Holy smokes there Timur! You've got a hair trigger set on that bow don't you ;)

Scathach_"Lay into him Jackson, as your companion I take considerable umbarge at the great insult he has heaped upon your birth mother, but I'll wait until after you've dropped him before translating lest your rage unbalance you."

Jackson lands a satisfying "crack" on the chin of the boastful lout and the battle is joined in earnest. Both opponents spin and whirl about in the leaves of the clearing, with Jackson landing a substantial number of blows against his inebriated foe. But striking this smelly creatures is like striking one of the trees that sit in silent witness to the struggle. Solid blows have only the slightest effect and the outcome becomes clear as the tough woodland creature lands a lucky blow just above Jackson's left ear. The brave young warrior falls to the leaves in a clump (15 hps_all non-lethal damage).

The exhausted victor barks something out to your group which your friend the sidhe quickly translates.

Scathach_"Someone help me with Jackson." Moving over to the groggy young man, Scathach grabs his arm and with Quazeem's assitance, they begin to drag Jackson away from the clearing. This way is barred to us for now. With wine or any other spirits, we may treat with them in time, but to linger any longer would be dangerous. I'm sure there are females of some sort near by, and these idiots take us for rival suitors

OOC_I'm assuming the party will move a ways back up the trail?

OOC_Sorry for the long delay lads. Summer semester is drawing to an end & things got incredibly crazy w/ tests, advisings students, meetings, etc.

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Human Monk 1

OOC: Just to clarify, can we continue up the trail, or is the Faerie Orgy totally blocking our way leaving our only option to be the way we came.

Also, Quazeem asks William if he knows if these creaturs (the Satyrs) possess anytype of DR that can only be overcome by magic. I think that would be a knowledge Arcana question.

OOOOC: If the bird starts up with me, he gets a stunning fist.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William looks at Quazeem with puzzlement in his eyes.

"Magical resistance? Er, I dunno. I've never seen one of them before. Scathach, do you know if they are resistant to something?"

OOC:
William has no ranks in Knowledge: Arcana and 8 intelligence. You would be better off asking pretty much any other member of the party that question :) . Remember he's just some poor dumb farmer's kid that suddenly got magical powers.

scadgrad

First Post
OOC_It's understandable that Quazeem would confuse William w/ a wizard since they've only known each other for a day or so. AFAICT, this party is lacking in Knowledge Arcana, though actually Knowledge Nature would be more appropriate in this situtation.

Scathach shakes his head_"I'm sorry friends, but I can only speculate. Fauns are notoriously tough and it would not surprise me if they did possess some innate resistence. Either way, it didn't exactly seem a fair fight. Jackson was clearly the superior combatant and should have won handily."

Barri shakes his head in agreement and looks back to the south_"I believe we could skirt around the faerie glade if we need to. As a boy in Nur Bereleth I often hunted game in woods such as these so I doubt we'd lose our way. Unless I'm mistaken the original path that we followed to the witches hovel lies in that direction." The big man gestures with his axe toward the south and then looks back in the direction of the pool. "It's possible that the spring that the villagers mentioned is actually upstream from this fey-touched pool. I would imagine the villagers would have mentioned it otherwise since peasants are notoriously fearful of the fey."

OOC_It looks like your choices are to barge right through the glade satyrs be damned, sneak around as Barri suggests or even head back through the woods toward the original trail, or return to the witches hovel.

Remove ads