• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Which I Attempt a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Photoshoot

Is R2-D2 in it?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I just browsed the 2e entry. Theres 12 (7th+ level) warriors and 5 major npcs in the group hats it. Pretty specific. But that was quite awhile ago in Realms years so I could see them having grown in number but then to me that would defeat their purpose. Theyre more like navy seals than the army, in and out before anyone even knew they were there.

More like the Avengers than any real world parallels. If the PCs succeed in this story, and get to Tier 2, joining Force Grey seems a reasonable development. So does taking over the Xanathar Guild and pretending to be a Beholder. Players will do strange, strange things in Waterdeep, methinks...

R_J_K75

Legend
More like the Avengers than any real world parallels. If the PCs succeed in this story, and get to Tier 2, joining Force Grey seems a reasonable development. So does taking over the Xanathar Guild and pretending to be a Beholder. Players will do strange, strange things in Waterdeep, methinks...

Well we all know that players nor the characters they play are never subtle.

pukunui

Legend
Force Grey is really just a typical adventuring party that just happens to be primarily composed of NPCs rather than PCs.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Force Grey is really just a typical adventuring party that just happens to be primarily composed of NPCs rather than PCs.

Reading that previous edition material, it looks like a suggestion for a DM to setup a campaign as much as anything: now that Force Grey is a hit show, it has pop culture recognition that they can play with.

GreyLord

Legend
It was mentioned that pags 163-188 are Volos???

Does that mean that this is simply a repeat of the same stuff that we found in Volo's Guide? Or is it something else?

I'd be buying mostly for setting information so if it is just reprinting stuff I already have...don't really need it, hence the question.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer

Does that mean that this is simply a repeat of the same stuff that we found in Volo's Guide? Or is it something else?

I'd be buying mostly for setting information so if it is just reprinting stuff I already have...don't really need it, hence the question.
Not Morrus, but pretty sure he meant that section was an in-character description of parts of the city by Volo, not that it's a reprint of Volo's guide.

R_J_K75

Legend

I remember reading 1E and 2E books on the Realms where entire chapters were cut and pasted from previous sources. That seemed to have stopped in 3E. With the advancement of the timeline dont think they can get away with that much in 5E.

GreyLord

Legend
I remember reading 1E and 2E books on the Realms where entire chapters were cut and pasted from previous sources. That seemed to have stopped in 3E. With the advancement of the timeline dont think they can get away with that much in 5E.

Mordekainen's Tome reprinted some stuff that was found in OoTA adventure appendixes, so if they had done that with some of Volo's stuff, well I wouldn't have put it past them. Reason I asked.

Remove ads

Remove ads