In Which I Attempt a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Photoshoot

Is R2-D2 in it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's no embargo on this one, so I'm happy to answer questions as long as they're not of the "is there a reference to this keyword buried somewhere in those 220 pages?" type (I haven't had opportunity to read it fully yet). As usual, EN World's official review comes later this week, in-depth review a week later.

DmPGMkUXcAAUk7-.jpg

DmPGMkVXoAE3zsw.jpg

DmPGMkUWwAIDL6q.jpg

Attachments

• DmPGMkUXcAAUk7-.jpg
    DmPGMkUXcAAUk7-.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,268
  • DmPGMkVXoAE3zsw.jpg
    DmPGMkVXoAE3zsw.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 919
  • DmPGMkUWwAIDL6q.jpg
    DmPGMkUWwAIDL6q.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 908
  • DmPGMkUXcAAUk7-.jpg
    DmPGMkUXcAAUk7-.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 23,765
  • DmPGMkVXoAE3zsw.jpg
    DmPGMkVXoAE3zsw.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 5,606
  • DmPGMkUWwAIDL6q.jpg
    DmPGMkUWwAIDL6q.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 4,868

pukunui

Legend
Can you please tell me about Lady Laeral Silverhand? I presume she has a picture. The mini that is supposedly of her is not what I was expecting (looks like an armored person holding a sword), so I am curious to know how she is presented in the book.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can you please tell me about Lady Laeral Silverhand? I presume she has a picture. The mini that is supposedly of her is not what I was expecting (looks like an armored person holding a sword), so I am curious to know how she is presented in the book.

That is a thing I can do. One-and-a-half pages, CR 17. She's depicted wearing a robe of the archmagi (no armour or sword).

pukunui

Legend
That is a thing I can do. One-and-a-half pages, CR 17. She's depicted wearing a robe of the archmagi (no armour or sword).
Cool. Thanks. I wonder if maybe the mini preview I saw was mislabeled.

Another question about her: Does she still have Spellfire?

On a different note, how much of the book is adventure and how much of it is a guide to Waterdeep? And are there actually any "generic" rules for running city-based games?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cool. Thanks. I wonder if maybe the mini preview I saw was mislabeled.

Another question about her: Does she still have Spellfire?

Yep! Recharges after a long rest.

On a different note, how much of the book is adventure and how much of it is a guide to Waterdeep? And are there actually any "generic" rules for running city-based games?

Chapter 9 (pg 163-188) appears to be Volo's Guide. Plus there's the monsters/NPCs etc too, and the Introduction chapter (pg 5-20) talks about life in Waterdeep, factions, etc.

But of course lots of the adventure bulk details locations in the city.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What temples are found in the city?

There's no single list of temples that I can find, unless I'm missing it. But there's a few pages on Wards, and there are temples mentioned in the text.

The Sea Ward mentions House of Wonder, House of the Moon, Tower of Luck, Temple of Beauty, House of Inspired Hands.

Was the Plinth rebuilt?

I'm not really (as in at all) a FR scholar;I don't know what the Plinth is or where to look for it. Sorry!

Any unexpected NPCs make cameo?

Dunno! That would involve parsing the entire text for keywords. :)

Remove ads

Remove ads