• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Which I Attempt a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Photoshoot

Is R2-D2 in it?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Mordekainen's Tome reprinted some stuff that was found in OoTA adventure appendixes, so if they had done that with some of Volo's stuff, well I wouldn't have put it past them. Reason I asked.

The section in question appears to be entitled "Volo's Guide to Waterdeep" and is an in character travelogue guide to the city. Setting material stuff, no relation to the monster book except in the framing device.

R_J_K75

Legend
Mordekainen's Tome reprinted some stuff that was found in OoTA adventure appendixes, so if they had done that with some of Volo's stuff, well I wouldn't have put it past them. Reason I asked.

Always found that annoying and lazy on their part. Also felt kind of ripped off. Im wondering how much of the new Undermountain adventure isnt going to be a rehash of the last 3 editions?

gyor

Legend
Always found that annoying and lazy on their part. Also felt kind of ripped off. Im wondering how much of the new Undermountain adventure isnt going to be a rehash of the last 3 editions?

A lot, all the levels have been discussed at least in previous editions all though not all of them have been full fleshed out, so there will be some surprises. Plus even AL DMs can throw some curse balls, like adding a creature here or there.

R_J_K75

Legend
A lot, all the levels have been discussed at least in previous editions all though not all of them have been full fleshed out, so there will be some surprises. Plus even AL DMs can throw some curse balls, like adding a creature here or there.

I like Waterdeep/Undermountain as a campaign setting and generally have run most of my games there for the last 20+ years. But I always wondered why they always re-released alot of the same settings every edition instead of fleshing out new areas. Always thought Sembia should get a sourcebook. I wish they would bring back boxed sets too.

gyor

Legend
I like Waterdeep/Undermountain as a campaign setting and generally have run most of my games there for the last 20+ years. But I always wondered why they always re-released alot of the same settings every edition instead of fleshing out new areas. Always thought Sembia should get a sourcebook. I wish they would bring back boxed sets too.

From what I remember Sembia was supposed to not get too much detail, it's a region they picked to be more defined by the DM then other regions. That went out the window at a later point.

For me I'd like to see Source book on the regions most changed by the Sundering and Spellplague and those are are all in the south.

Halruaa, the Old Empires Region, Luiren (it annoys me that FR's Halfling nation and hinwar didn't get even a mention in MTOFs.).

Q

R_J_K75

Legend
From what I remember Sembia was supposed to not get too much detail, it's a region they picked to be more defined by the DM then other regions. That went out the window at a later point.

For me I'd like to see Source book on the regions most changed by the Sundering and Spellplague and those are are all in the south.

Halruaa, the Old Empires Region, Luiren (it annoys me that FR's Halfling nation and hinwar didn't get even a mention in MTOFs.).

Q
I did recall that about Sembia. Nimbral was always a place I wanted to see more of too. I havent kept up on anything as far as current events in FR since the middle of 3.5. I stopped readimg the novels early to mid 2000s. 4E was too much of a jump and too drastic for me to care about but I wouldnt mind an updated timeline, a short 16-32 page softcover would be nice.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you’re still answering questions, what exactly is Chapter 3 about? I’ve seen the title and am just interested about the content.

It's a part of the adventure involving a fireball spell detonation in Trollskull Alley.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You didn't take a picture of the most important part, a pull out map of Waterdeep in splendiferous color?!?!?

I'm always loathe to remove these things till I need them!

IMG_4079.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4079.jpg
    IMG_4079.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 1,245

Remove ads

Remove ads