Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

No, there's a particularly weightless moment when Indy or one of the others is supposed to be jumping from car to car atop a train, but looks like he weighs as much as party balloon.

I was talking about the muscles thing I was talking about. Unless I'm going nuts there were a couple of scenes where they had clearly superimposed Olivier Richter's muscles over a different actor, presumably a stunt double

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There were shots that worked beautifully, and a few that didn't quite work for me (mostly around the edges, where the de-aged face met the actual filmed head and body), but overall it was really impressive. I loved it.
Yeah, we are definitely within a few years of this being a completely perfect technology. The improvements between Captain Marvel and this are remarkable.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There were shots that worked beautifully, and a few that didn't quite work for me (mostly around the edges, where the de-aged face met the actual filmed head and body), but overall it was really impressive. I loved it.
It was the voice that was the biggest disconnect for me. The visuals seem fine.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
It was the voice that was the biggest disconnect for me. The visuals seem fine.
Generally my eyes/brain can't not see these kinds of flaws, which is a problem when I'm trying to enjoy something. I didn't notice the voice discrepancy (I assume you mean Harrison Ford's voice as WWII-era Indy sounding too much like old Harrison Ford?) like you've noted and I've seen others bring up.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I saw it on the plane during my recent trip. I feel like they fell int he hole of thinking they had to keep too many tropes. Specifically, the bad guy is a nazi one. Though, they didnt completely ruin the movie like Crystal Skull. It was fine, but Ill probably not watch it again.

Remove ads