Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Scotley said:
Spring is in the air and a young man's fancy turns to...well, in my case spring cleaning and yard work. There is usually a bit of a slowdown in the spring. There seems to be a corresponding boom in the fall.

Weird. I know that I'm getting ready to go on 12-hours shifts, so my posting routine may change somewhat as well. I can't imagine that I'll be posting much on mondays and tuesdays, the only weekdays I'll consistantly be working, but I should be fine the rest of the week and every other weekend. Not that things are generally hopping around here on weekends anyway... Really shouldn't affect this game too much.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, can't speak for the rest of'em, but I'm still around waiting to see if I'm formally accepted. So far the only character you've said for sure is "in" is Rogash.

Friadoc

Explorer
I'm here, too, but as Scotley says, it's almost that time of year.

My offline gaming group hasn't got together in over a month, but we're fixing that tomorrow.

Anyhow, I'm still here, just been a smidge quiet due to work, both real job and hobby jobs (Delvers Square).

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Well, can't speak for the rest of'em, but I'm still around waiting to see if I'm formally accepted. So far the only character you've said for sure is "in" is Rogash.

Oh, well if you want to put Rokelsh in the Rogue's gallery, that'll make two. ;)

Friadoc, you're in too, if for no other reason than I like gaming with you.

So there's three. I'm still looking at the other two.

Friadoc

Explorer
industrygothica said:
Friadoc, you're in too, if for no other reason than I like gaming with you.

So, you, like my fiancee and friends, have very questionable taste in people, but I'll take what I can get. ;)

Thanks!

Last edited:

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
IndustryGothica: Are you willing to look at any more? I could have a character for you, but I've never started above 1st level before, and would need the whole "starting equipment" schtick explained a bit.

Jemal

Adventurer
krunchyfrogg said:
IndustryGothica: Are you willing to look at any more? I could have a character for you, but I've never started above 1st level before, and would need the whole "starting equipment" schtick explained a bit.

Well that's easy enough for me, I rarely start AT first level anymore. It gets repetetive with the amount of different campaigns I've been in.

Anyways, you either use the chart on DMG page 135 to figure out how much 'wealth' you have for your level, or you go with whatever the DM says. For example, this campaign we're starting at level 6, and the DM stated "Starting gold is 13,000 gp, No single magic item over 4,300 gp (1/3 starting gold)"

How this works is you use the DMG's magic item charts (As well as the PHB's normal items, say Masterwork, etc) and essentially you have 13,000 GP to 'BUY' equipment that your character would/should have.
You wouldn't be able to have anything that costs more than 4,300 (Most DM's limit the max single item at either 1/3 or 1/2 of your starting gold). Any Gold you don't spend on Magic items (Or normal items.. Don't forget those in your quest for magic) would be what money your character has on his/her person. (Unless otherwise stated by the DM).
EX An elven archer with 20 dex and a 16 strength(Before magic) could get a +1 Mty Comp(+4) Long Bow (2,600), gloves of dexterity +2 (4,000), Belt of strength +2(4,000), and +1 Mithril Chain Shirt (2,100). That would leave him with 300GP for miscellaneous equipment.
For other examples, just check the other characters.

Fairly simple, right? Did I explain it ok?

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
krunchyfrogg said:
you did. Thanks a lot. I hope I can get my computer online and get a character up this weekend!

I'll wait until after the weekend at least before I chose the last PC, so you have plenty of time. Do you already have a concept in mind? If so, I'd like to hear it.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
industrygothica said:
Do you already have a concept in mind? If so, I'd like to hear it.
I'm thinking of a Gnome Rogue/Spellcasting type. Chaotic, probably good, with a below average wisdom. I'm taking a lot of influence from Jan Jansen, if you've ever played Baldur's Gate II.

The multiclass (Bard or Illusionist) depends on if you're playing 3e or 3.5. Personally, I'd rather only have 2 or 3 Rogues levels, and the rest in Illusionist, but it doesn't make much sense if you're strict about the 3.5 favored class rule.

This character would have grown up poor, and have learned the family "trade" of pickpocketing and minor thievery. He's not much of a criminal, you see? ;) He's always able to worm his way out of trouble with his comedy, although he can get on most peoples nerves after a while. A little pudgy, with a thin goatee and mustache, he can always be seen wearing a knowing smile.

EDIT:

I just read a bit in the PHBII. I might go with a Rog3/Beguiler instead. This class seems to fit my concept. If I go this way, I'll probably go with a Halfling (that whole favored class bit) instead of a Gnome, but personality and background would be similar.

Last edited:

Remove ads