Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Friadoc

Explorer
Alas, from me, are only words that signify no update. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm hammering out my equipment list and layout - the gear always takes me longer than the character,since I'm all about the toys with a rogue-type.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nothing new to speak of on this end. If any of you are keeping up with the current game thread you'll have seen that we had to stop and take care of a little business. We're done with that now, and are ready to carry on, so it shouldn't be long now.

I'm still putting the finishing touches on the new adventure; basically getting everything organized. For some reason I have to have everything laid out perfectly so even when I make my own adventure with columns and such, and can't just go from notes here and there, so it's taking a bit. Hopefully it'll be something worth something though. There will be eight of you in all probability, so I'm trying to decide on an equivalent EL boost for you all.

I should tell you, I suppose, since we're on the subject, that since there will be so many of you that I will not necessarily wait for everyone to post an action before moving on if it is appropriate. I don't think it fair to make six or seven people wait for another to post; if the majority are ready, and I am also ready to update, then that's what will be done, and anyone left who hasn't posted will either stand there and watch or be NPC'd with the most logical (and simple) action that is appropriate. I hope that isn't an issue for anyone, but if it is, you should let me know now.

-IG

airwalkrr

Adventurer
That sounds perfectly fair to me. I understand the nuances of pbp combat only too well. At least for my character, I believe his actions will be fairly self-evident most of the time.

Scotley

Hero
I prefer you keep the action moving. If you need to select an action for my character I don't mind at all. Of course I'm able to post pretty much every day, often more than once a day. Thus, I may not be the best one to ask as I should be able to keep up.

Jemal

Adventurer
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe people could give general strategies for what their characters would do in common situations?

IE Rokelsh - If it's in melee range, kill it with sword. If it's not, kill it with bow.
If we're not trying to kill it, -4 atk (Subdual). If it seems easy to hit, Power Attack.

Fairly easy for a barbarian, i guess..

Also, I just noticed I haven't selected my favoured enemy yet...
Rokelsh hadn't really come across any enemy types that he enjoyed killing more than others. (Too bad 'coward' isn't a racial type..)...

Ideas? It's the only part of Ranger that doesn't suit the character...

(PS - Ishalleatyourflesh has been working pretty steady lately, not sure if you should wait on him or not, though he did seem pretty interested in trying it out. I'll tell him to post if he thinks he'll still have time for the game.)

Jemal

Adventurer
Bump?

Hey, how's everybody doing? Just making sure nobody's forgetting about this. I'm keeping up with the IC, waiting impatiently for my turn. :D

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shouldn't be too long now. As I said, I'm still trying to get things organized and to figure out a way to get you guys involved. I'm sure it'll be something cheesy and cliche, so we're all sure to be entertained. ;)

I guess while I'm here and still working on things, and to gauge a little more interest, I'll ask you all: what are you hoping to see in this adventure, or at least, what would you like to see?

I plan on using a bit of material that isn't derived from the SRD or core material, just to represent something that your characters have likely not encountered, like new monsters, spells, and maybe some equipment (no variant rules or anything of the like).

Do you all prefer a hack-and-slash type game, or do you like to think more. I'll try to do a balanced mixture, but if you all have a preference, that'd be helpful.

Scotley

Hero
Thanks for asking. The character I built should be okay in a fight, so I can live with hack and slash, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I layed out the background of a character at a low point in his life. I'd hope to see some chance for him to turn his life a around. Maybe a cause worth living (or dying) for. Something to add meaning to his otherwise haphazard life. A chance for growth. I enjoy the chance to think in a game.

Remove ads