Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Jemal

Adventurer
Still got room? I'm looking to get back into the swing of ENWorld.

Way too many ideas right now... Core/SRD, eh?

OOOH..
ROKELSH! I originally used him him in a LOW'VEROK campaign about 3 years back..

Background:
Rokelsh spent the majority of his young life living in the desert with his tribe, until the day he decided to leave the tribe and see what it was like outside the desert. For the last year he has been wandering the coastline, travelling from Benshay and leaving home behind him.
Rokelsh is not scared of magic like some of his people, it's just that he trusts his own skills more than any magic, and uses magic only to accentuate his own skills (IE healing/enhancments).

He's not really looking for anything in particular, he's just out to have an adventure, make his fortune, you know.. the usual.

He relies on tactics, speed, and strength... Kill the opponent quick enough, and evade his attacks, and it doesn't matter if you've got a glass jaw. He's considered fairly wise and gets along by Determination (Force of will) Rather than sheer stamina. Also, being from near the forbidden lands, he needs to be very observant.

When I originally conceived of him, he was supposed to be fairly uncharismatic, b/c he'ld just left his people and they have a much different culture than most people, but I'ld think by lvl 6 he's spent enough time to adapt a little bit.

If there is room for me, I'ld like to talk to you about where the desert and 'forbidden lands' would fit in this campaign setting.. I've read a little Greyhawk, but most of it years ago.
Also I've got a lot of interesting (well, to me at least) info on his tribe and their culture.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jemal said:
If there is room for me, I'ld like to talk to you about where the desert and 'forbidden lands' would fit in this campaign setting.. I've read a little Greyhawk, but most of it years ago.
Also I've got a lot of interesting (well, to me at least) info on his tribe and their culture.

As I haven't made any decisions yet, you're more than welcome to submit a concept. I'll be more than willing to discuss with you anything you need or want to help create a character.

Tell me more about the Forbidden Lands.

Jemal

Adventurer
The Forbidden lands are a part of the World of Low'Verok, which i believe was a home-brew by Isida Kep'tukari (Ray Silver). I'm not looking for the exact same thing, but Rokelsh's tribe was originally located in the desert on the edge of the Forbidden Lands.

Cut and paste, Originally posted by Isida Kep'tukari, July 7, 2003, ENWorld(As far as I know):

The Forbidden Lands are in the far southwest of Low’verok. The coast around the peninsula is treacherous and rocky, and there is not a single good port around it, not that any sailor could be convinced to try. The land leading up to the Forbidden Lands is inhospitable desert, inhabited only by nomadic tribes. The edge of the Forbidden Lands is impossible to miss, as it is a shear cliff that drops straight down two hundred feet, as if the land had been cut by a knife. There’s a common expression that goes simply “Nothing good comes out of the Forbidden Lands.” And nothing ever has. The only things people have ever seen come out of the Forbidden Lands are strange and deadly monsters. The nomadic peoples of the Unwanted Desert (the border of the Forbidden Lands) have a strong warrior tradition and consider themselves the first line of defense against the horrors of the Forbidden Lands. So far, none who have gone into them have come back to tell tales of it. The phrase “I’ll send you to the Forbidden Lands” (or various permutations thereof) is uttered between deadly enemies or by assassins.

The desert itself, as well as the cultures/manners of the tribe within it were left up to me at the time, so I actually put some fair amount of thought into them.

Here is the monk I mentioned, IG

Maegras, half-orc monk 6
LN male humanoid
Init +3; Senses darkvision, Spot +12
Languages Common, Orc
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AC 18, touch 18, flat-footed 15 [+1 Ring]
hp 45 [6d8+12+3]
Fort +7 [5 base, 2 Con], Ref +8 [5 base, 3 Dex], Will +8 [5 base, 3 Wis]
Spd 50ft.
Melee Unarmed Strike +7 [1d8+3]; m/w kama +8 [1d6+3]
Ranged m/w Shuriken +8 [1d2+3]
Base Attack +4; Grapple +11
Abilities
Str 16 [14 +2 racial]
Dex 16 [14 +2 gloves]
Con 15 [14 +1 4th level]
Int 10 [12 -2 racial]
Wis 16 [14 +2 periapt)
Cha 6 [8 -2 racial]

Feats Improved Unarmed Strike [monk], Improved Grapple [monk],Toughness [1st], Combat Reflexes [Monk], Power Attack [3rd], Improved Trip [monk], Stealthy [6th]
Skills Hide +14 [9 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 Stealthy], Move Silently +14 [9 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 Stealthy], Spot +12 [9 ranks, +3 Wis], Tumble +12 (9 ranks, +3 Dex)
Possessions +1 ring of protection, Periapt of Wisdom +2, Gloves of Dexterity +2, Heward’s Handy Haversack, m/w Kama, 25 m/w Shuriken, 5 Potions Magic Fang (CL 1st), 5 Potions Mage Armor (CL 1st) bedroll, 5 days rations, waterskin, flint&steel.

Currency 36gp, 9sp

Background: Maegras was born to a fairly prosperous merchant’s wife, the result of an unfortunate encounter with orc raiders. Adventurers rescued the young woman, after a period of captivity in an orc lair, and nine months later, Maegras was born. The woman’s husband wanted no part of the half breed bastard, and encouraged his own children to make the ugly child’s life difficult.

At the age of ten, the half-orc boy vanished into the streets of Irongate. The merchant made a perfunctory search to please his wife, but was quite relieved to be free of the lad. Maegras might well have died, or suffered another dismal fate, but instead he met a man, who was a watchman at a warehouse. The man, seemingly for his own amusement, taught the boy the rudiments of the mysterious arts he’d learned at a monastery. At the same time, he drilled into the young mind that control of self was the key to all things.

A few years later, the man who’d trained Maegras vanished, and the half-orc was left to continue his training on his own. He took up a life of adventuring, though his goal was more to practice and perfect his art then more material desires. After a time, he became quite accomplished.

Personality and Appearance: Maegras very much favors his orcish side, in looks, with pronounced tusks, and dark skin. He’s never really fit into a social circle, and almost never speaks. When he does his voice is a deep, growling rumble. His personality is very withdrawn, and focused on perfecting his art. Very little outside of that interests him. On the other hand, he has learned that he needs to work with others, and he is punctilious about honoring any commitments made.

He tends to wear grey exploring clothes, including a deeply hooded cloak, and a heavy cloth face cover, leaving only his dull yellow eyes exposed to casual onlookers. He is tall, well over six feet, and weighs just under two hundred pounds.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Everything looks good with the characters so far. I haven't gone over them completely thoroughly yet, but at first glance all seems well. If you'd like to look at each others', that'd be great too. Lord knows I'm as prone to mistakes as anyone, so a few more sets of eyes will never hurt.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh
Human Brb2/Fgtr1/Ranger3
AL: CG HT: 6'1" WT: 190 Hair: Long, Black Eyes: Green

STR: 18 (+4) [16+2 Gauntlets]
DEX: 16 (+3) [15+1 level]
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 8 (-1)

HP: 37 (2d12+1d10+3d8) AC: 18
Saves: FORT: +8 REF: +6 WILL: +3
Init: +3

Bab: 6
Attacks:
Normal Shot: +1 M.C.L.Bow (+11/+6, 1d8+4 damage, Threat 20/X3, Range 110')
Rapid Shot: +1 M.C.L.Bow (+9/+9/+4, 1d8+4 damage, Threat 20/X3, Range 110')
Mellee: +1 Great Sword (+12/+7, 2d6+7 damage, Threat 19-20/X2)

Skills(Total/Ranks):[49 Points] Jump(+10/5), Craft:Weapons(+5/5), Craft:Armour(+5/5), Survival(+9/5), Listen(+7/5), Spot(+7/5), Tumble (+5/1cc), Knowledge:Geography(+8/8), Knowledge: Nature(+7/5)
(*cc=Cross Class; 2 skill points) Synergy bonuses and Armour Check Penalties are allready figured in.

Feats: [5] W.Focus(L.Bow), W.Focus(Great Sword), Power Attack, Cleave, Diehard

Class Features:
Rage 1/day, Fast Movement, Favoured Enemy(), Combat Style(Archery): Rapid Shot, Track, Endurance

Languages: Common

Equipment:
On Self:
+1 Great Sword [2350 GP]
+ 1 MTY Comp Long Bow(+4) [2800 GP]
100 Arrows [5 GP]
MW Chain Shirt[250 GP]
+2 Gauntlets of Strength [4000 GP]
Cloak of Resistance + 1 [1000 GP]
Backpack [2 GP]
2 Belt Pouchs [2 GP]
Signet Ring [5 GP]
Ring of Sustenance [2500 GP]

In Backpack:
100' Silk Rope [20 GP]

Belt Pouch Left:
60 GP (1 Lb)
Belt Pouch Right:
60 SP (1 Lb)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jamal:

Rokelsh looks solid enough. As for the Forbidden Lands and a desert, the first thing that comes to mind (after looking at the map and skimming the text a bit) are the Bright Lands in the Bright Desert. Apparently it is not a pleasant place to live, as the evil archmage tends to claim everything for himself, enforced by his armies of desert nomads and mercenaries.

Looks like it's about three or four hundred miles south of Greyhawk proper, bordered by the Sea of Gearnat to the south and southwest, and the small mountain range of Abbor-Alz forming a wide arc around the rest of the desert.

ishalleatyourflesh:

Anyone is free to submit a character, but that doesn't necessarily mean that character will be chosen to join the game. There are already four PC's currently playing, and I will chose up to four more to join at a later time that has yet to be determined. I will be accepting submissions until I am ready to make that decision.

PC's do not have to be human. They do need to be one of the standard core races, however. So, inhuman, yes. Inhumanoid, no.

Remove ads