Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
krunchyfrogg said:
I'm thinking of a Gnome Rogue/Spellcasting type. Chaotic, probably good, with a below average wisdom. I'm taking a lot of influence from Jan Jansen, if you've ever played Baldur's Gate II.

The multiclass (Bard or Illusionist) depends on if you're playing 3e or 3.5. Personally, I'd rather only have 2 or 3 Rogues levels, and the rest in Illusionist, but it doesn't make much sense if you're strict about the 3.5 favored class rule.

This character would have grown up poor, and have learned the family "trade" of pickpocketing and minor thievery. He's not much of a criminal, you see? ;) He's always able to worm his way out of trouble with his comedy, although he can get on most peoples nerves after a while. A little pudgy, with a thin goatee and mustache, he can always be seen wearing a knowing smile.

EDIT:

I just read a bit in the PHBII. I might go with a Rog3/Beguiler instead. This class seems to fit my concept. If I go this way, I'll probably go with a Halfling (that whole favored class bit) instead of a Gnome, but personality and background would be similar.

The PC creation guidelines state core/srd only, so I'd rather you stick with that. You can feel free to ignore the favored class restrictions--I never much cared for those anyway.

note: I said PC creation is restricted to core/srd, but don't be surprised if you stumble across a duskblade npc or something of the like. As I stated before, this is just to represent the unusual things your characters have never encountered before.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
industrygothica said:
The PC creation guidelines state core/srd only, so I'd rather you stick with that. You can feel free to ignore the favored class restrictions--I never much cared for those anyway.
Cool, sorry about missing that... I haven't rolled up a character in years.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Would be a shame if Jayden didn't make it into this campaign. He's such a cool character. But then again, perhaps you don't like bards. :)

Blackroot

First Post
Hello, I'm really interested in joining a campaign, but it would be my first time online, so I'm not sure on all the basics. I'm designing a spellcaster per your guidelines and should have him ready in the next few days.

industrygothica

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
Would be a shame if Jayden didn't make it into this campaign. He's such a cool character. But then again, perhaps you don't like bards. :)

I think Jayden is a fine character, and I have no problem with bards, especially in a pbp game. My concern, honestly, is that you won't get what you were expecting out of this game. You said you jumped into it because it was Greyhawk, and now that you know that it is Greyhawk in name only, I'm wondering if you're still really as interested, especially coming from a new DM like myself.

If you've read the first post in the original OOC thread, you'll know that that was the original premise of this game, to get my feet wet as a DM. I'm still very much green, and prone to mistakes, but I'm learning. Is that still something you're comfortable with?

krunchyfrog & Blackroot: Looking forward to seeing your characters.

Everyone else: I'll take submissions until Friday midnight (GMT -6), and make the decision on the last pc over the weekend--probably Saturday. Anyone who is not chosen is encouraged to stick around as an alternate.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
industrygothica said:
I think Jayden is a fine character, and I have no problem with bards, especially in a pbp game. My concern, honestly, is that you won't get what you were expecting out of this game. You said you jumped into it because it was Greyhawk, and now that you know that it is Greyhawk in name only, I'm wondering if you're still really as interested, especially coming from a new DM like myself.

I'm quite fine with a DM making Greyhawk his own. Discrepansies in canon be damned. If you can run a fun game, I could care less about the setting, but good Greyhawk games are rare so I admit I salivated at the thought.

industrygothica said:
If you've read the first post in the original OOC thread, you'll know that that was the original premise of this game, to get my feet wet as a DM. I'm still very much green, and prone to mistakes, but I'm learning. Is that still something you're comfortable with?

Absolutely. As long as the DM learns from his mistakes and does not unduly penalize players because of them, he is free to make them all day long. I play games to socialize, have fun, and be a part of an interactive story. I see the rules as a tool, a mechanism to aid in telling the story. While adhering to the rules helps keep the story exciting, human error is perfectly acceptable.

I would really like to play in this campaign, if for no other reason than that I like the character I created. But it is your game, so feel free to choose another if you think that character will fit the group better.

industrygothica

Adventurer
airwalkrr, Jayden is in. I know there are some elements that you want kept private, and that's fine, but I'd like it if you can at least put a stat block in the rogue's gallery please.

With that, submissions are closed, and the four new PC's are chosen.

We're still finishing up in the Hive, and I'm still working on some of the details for the new stuff, so it'll be a little bit. Hopefully not too long though.

Remove ads