• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

EvolutionKB

First Post
Once outside, the eladrin speaks to the rest of the group. "I would like to speak to the blacksmith's apprentice. Knowledge of our foe is vital to our success. From there we can get our guide and head out. Any objections?"

Friadoc

Explorer
"We're good to go, Erevan," says Iados. A half-formed smile sites upon the teifling's face as he nods, slightly. "Good to go, indeed."

Insight

Adventurer
The troupe of outsiders and willing heroes traveled from Town Hall to the Smithy. As they arrived, an apprentice looked up. "Gentlemen," he said. "What can I show you? We've just finished a set of longswords, if that interests you."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Erevan speaks up, "No sir, our own weapons are good enough for now. If we find ourselves in need of another we will come to you. We are more interested in your experences with the bandits on the road. Start with the obivious. Race, weapons, armor, tactics and number."

Insight

Adventurer
Erevan speaks up, "No sir, our own weapons are good enough for now. If we find ourselves in need of another we will come to you. We are more interested in your experences with the bandits on the road. Start with the obivious. Race, weapons, armor, tactics and number."

"Huh?" the apprentice said, confused. "Oh, ye'll be wantin' Kennan," he explained. "Over there."

Kennan, presumably hearing his name spoken, turned to the gathered customers and walked forward.

"I'm Kennan," he said. "What can I do for you?"

"These lads wanted to know 'bout yer escapades comin' back from the Storm Peak," the first apprentice advised.

"Ah, yes," Kennan replied. "I was on my way back from Storm Peak with a load of iron ore and some stone we use to make whetstones and such. Some bandits approached us from a bluff. Some archers, too. It happened so fast. I didn't see much. Some goblins. Some big, some small. Some humans too, and I swear I saw an elf among the bandits. Anyway, they dropped our few guards and the rest of us bolted for the river."

Kennan walked towards a large anvil and banged a hammer against it. "Don't know if anyone else made it. I was lucky enough to come across a barge headed towards Haylen's Ford. That's how I got away."

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Interesting," the eladrin says rubbing his hairless chin. "They seem well organized, and large in number. That is all I needed, unless the others have questions." With that said, Erevan steps back, waiting to see if the others will speak. If not he heads for the door to find their guide.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Kennan," asks Iados, once Erevan offers for the others to question the lad. Iados is a fairly friendly being, despite his looks and racial reputation. "Did you notice anything unusual? Flashes? Possible magic usage?"

Iados will then walk Kennan through a variety of basic things to have seen that might signify magic usage, however he does so in a gregarious manner, so as not to be talking down to the lad.

OOC

If I remember it rightly, since the subject is friendly I should be able to do this, so I'll Take 10 on both Arcana (Result of 17) and Diplomacy (Result of 12).

Remove ads