• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Insight

Adventurer
"Kennan," asks Iados, once Erevan offers for the others to question the lad. Iados is a fairly friendly being, despite his looks and racial reputation. "Did you notice anything unusual? Flashes? Possible magic usage?"

Iados will then walk Kennan through a variety of basic things to have seen that might signify magic usage, however he does so in a gregarious manner, so as not to be talking down to the lad.

OOC

If I remember it rightly, since the subject is friendly I should be able to do this, so I'll Take 10 on both Arcana (Result of 17) and Diplomacy (Result of 12).

"Not... really," Kennan said. He thought on it a moment. "Now that you mention it... I think that elf had a sword flickering with flashes of light. Not sure if that's what you mean."

"There weren't anyone casting spells and whatnot."

[sblock=OOC]
Iados takes this possibly to mean that the elf had a magical sword. Not much else.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
"Not... really," Kennan said. He thought on it a moment. "Now that you mention it... I think that elf had a sword flickering with flashes of light. Not sure if that's what you mean."

"There weren't anyone casting spells and whatnot."

[sblock=OOC]
Iados takes this possibly to mean that the elf had a magical sword. Not much else.[/sblock]

"That's one of the things I was looking for," says Iados. With that a reassuring smile crosses the teifling's face. "Thanks, Kennan." Iados then looks to the others, in case someone wishes to ask something of the young man.

Insight

Adventurer
"Were any words uttered? Battle cries or calls for surrender or the like?" asks the short dragonborn in his gravely voice.

Kennan considered the question for a moment. "No, no, not that I recall," he said. "It was very chaotic, people running around trying not to get killed."

"I'm not sure I can be of much more help,"
Kennan continued. "I'd better get back to work."

OOC: Unless you guys have any more questions for Kennan, let's move this along to the guide.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you Keenan the knowledge you have provided will prove valuable I'm sure." replies Arjhan, shaking the apprentice's hand. "Shall we meet our guide now?" he asks the others as they file out of the blacksmith's.

Friadoc

Explorer
Once out of earshot of Kennan and his master, Iados says to the others as they move on, "Sounds like an interesting swath of beings, obvious race isn't a factor with service, unlike some cults."

Lochness

First Post
Once out of earshot of Kennan and his master, Iados says to the others as they move on, "Sounds like an interesting swath of beings, obvious race isn't a factor with service, unlike some cults."

"Great we're dealing with one of those nice progressive cults instead of one of those nasty racist cults," Regdar replied laughing.

In a more serious tone he continued, "Well the good thing is that this cult being a diverse group we're guaranteed some good loot or at the very least something interesting."

Insight

Adventurer
The group traveled without incident from the smithy to a small cottage near Haylen Bridge. You noticed racks of animal skins on the river side of the cottage as well as polished bones decorating the entrance.

As you approached the door, it opened and a large bearded man emerged.

"Brian Thorvald," he said. "At your service. The mayor said I should be expecting you."

You noticed that Thorvald wore stout, black leather armor and a longsword at his side. He carried a heavy crossbow at his side. You also noticed that Thorvald wore a commendation medal similar to the one the mayor gave you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads