Insight's "In the Shadow of Giants" [IC] - Prelude to Danger!

Sparky

On his left, Gregor and Corrin face off against two attackers. On his right, Brant approaches a still-burning victim of the fire. Amos nods at Brant, 'All yours,' it says.

The Hunter rises up in the half-orc's blood and the world shifts. His eyes focus on the skeleton to Gregor's right. Details become crystalline, pristine - the crackle of fire, the falling warble burning victims' cries, the sense and stench of death from the skeletons, the wind in the trees, acrid smoke, the feel of the turf beneath his feet, his paws, his feet as he circles wide, lip curling back in a snarl.

He gathers himself and charges!

Olcan weaves across Amos' path, circling around wide behind the skeleton to Gregor's left. The wolf's growls and snaps at the skeleton.

[sblock=OOC]Amos
Minor: Quarry Skeleton, H28
Move: Move to D30
Standard: Charge w/ Bullrush, Skeleton in H28, 1d20+12 vs Fort 25; pushing Skeleton in H28 to I28 (the fire). Quarry Damage 6. If successful Amos ends up in H28.

He suffers an opportunity attack, hope these guys don't have Combat Superiority.

Olcan
Move: Move to E27, flanking skeleton at F28 for Gregor.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
73/87 hp

Gregor calls to his companions, "That fleshy one has an aura about him that I don't like the look of. Seeker, Corrin, kill 'em from range before we can see what he can do with that axe! Me an' Amos an' Olcan got these two! Those flamin' skulls need some killin' as well."

Too busy calling out suggestions, he is unable to find the perfect footing to slam his hammer and shield into the skeleton distracted by Olcan.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Tide of Iron with CA on F28 skeleton. Mark F28 skeleton. 1d20+17=18. Miss.
Move: none
Minor: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
As he pats away the last of his flames on the person beneath him, Brant can only spare a moment to regret that he can't attend to their injuries. But there are other, more pressing matters.

"Hang in there, I'll be back."

He turns away and catches Amos's eye and nods towards the next victim.

He wraps the flaming figure in his cloak again, and tries to extinguish the flames as he did for the last person.

[sblock=ooc]Move: To P28.
Standard: Endurance 1d20+15 = 24 to extinguish O27.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Map Update (7a) posted. Shaggy, if you need to alter Gregor's action based on the update, please do so. Otherwise, I'll leave Gregor as is and continue.

drothgery

First Post
"I'm trying to." Corrin says after his spell misses. "But I never liked dealing with the undead. Last time we ran into some, I nearly got killed."

drothgery

First Post
DM said:
[sblock=actions]
24. Corrin:
- Move Action: Move 4 (I34 -> F30).
- Standard Action: Dazzling Ray against Eldranth: HIT! Eldranth takes 21 radiant damage!
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Okay, I'm really confused. For one Corrin rolled a natural 1 on his attack roll; he couldn't have hit unless Eldranth has some strange special property. For two, I rolled 35 base damage on 6d6+13, and 4 on the extra 2d6 my challenge-seeking dagger does to monsters at max HPs, for a total of 39. Unless he took some damage before we got there, that should have been 19 damage to start with. He's probably vulnerable to radiant to some degree, but that's usually 5 or 10, not 2.
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Which burning person did Seeker most recently aid in extinguishing themselves. I had assumed it was the one closest him, but I don't believe it was specified and Brant has also acted to help that individual.

[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Okay, I'm really confused. For one Corrin rolled a natural 1 on his attack roll; he couldn't have hit unless Eldranth has some strange special property. For two, I rolled 35 base damage on 6d6+13, and 4 on the extra 2d6 my challenge-seeking dagger does to monsters at max HPs, for a total of 39. Unless he took some damage before we got there, that should have been 19 damage to start with. He's probably vulnerable to radiant to some degree, but that's usually 5 or 10, not 2.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I halved the initial damage on the miss (35/2=17) and added the full amount for your item's bonus damage (17+4=21). It doesn't make sense to me to halve the bonus damage since it's not part of the attack power. Technically, though, since you didn't hit, I suppose the extra 4 damage should not happen. Hmm...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads