• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inspired by PotC - Dead Man's Chest: Seaclaimed Creature template

Olly

First Post
The Cold Dead Eyes Of A Shark: A subtle one, this. The creature's eyes become dark and emotionless, which is deeply unsettling to all around... Maybe some sort of fear-based gaze attack? :p

Shade

Monster Junkie
Good stuff, everyone! I'll work 'em all in when I get a chance.

Oh, and a visit from the Demon Queen of Templates. Quick boys, help me tidy this place up for our Dark Mistress. :p

Olly

First Post
Shade said:
Quick boys, help me tidy this place up for our Dark Mistress. :p

*Buffs the suits of armour lining the corridor*

Oh, don't look at me! I'm just buffing metal!

(Approximately one person in a million will find this funny :p )

SinisterSage

First Post
Cool template!

[conceal envy]I absolutely don't mind that I still have to wait two weeks before the movie gets released here. In fact, the longer the wait, the more I will enjoy watching it. [/conceal envy]

Olly

First Post
Two new ideas, if you're interested, just to bring up the list of random changes to an even forty.

Firstly, a sea snail's eyestalks, which grant a bonus on Spot checks and, secondly, a driftwood head, which grants an increase on Will saves.

Dire Emu

Explorer
Got a few of my own. I know, kind of late, but just saw the movie.

Gulper Mouth: Creature grows a distended jaw and a huge, pouchy gullet and can swallows victims whole.

Chromatic Skin: Creature has the ability to change the color of his skin in complicated and stunnign patterns. Can communicate without speech with these colors to other Sea Claimed creatures. Also grants camouflage.

Sea Lure: A glowing, mesmerizing bioluminescent extension that the creature can use to mesmerize and opponent.

Anchor Arm: Creature arm has been replaced with an anchor and a length of chain allowing it to grapple and damage opponents at range.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Psion said:
Nitpickery, but I'd make type monstrous humanoid, or possibly even outsider.

I really debated on a type change. Since I decided to allow giants as candidates, monstrous humanoid is ruled out (although a note could be listed that giants do not change types, I suppose). I think aberration is more appropriate than outsider. What do the rest of you think?

Olly and Dire Emu - I added your suggestions. Thanks!

JiCi

First Post
Shade said:
44 - Anchor Arm (Ex): A boat anchor on a length of chain replaces one of the seaclaimed creature's arms. Treat this arm as a spiked chain appropriate for the creature's size that can never be disarmed. This is a natural attack, so no Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat is needed. The creature may not use the arm for any other functions, such as wielding a weapon, a shield, material components, etcs. CR +0. LA +1.
Let me get this straight: a human gains an anchor attack that deals 2d4+str mod, and can strike opponents within a reach of 10 feet... right ?

Too bad you lose an arm. It would have be nice to have an anchor "merged" to your wrist at bracer lenght and having the chain extends and retracts under the skin, much like the grappling vine plant graft from Magic of Eberron.

Remove ads